Blinking misfire.

eccles

Went out at 8 for a hour foxing,drove up the lane 3 min drive :yes: parked up. Got the kit out walked up the track lamping as i went.

Got to the top lamp on to a small field going down hill nothing,shone lamp on otherside of the field on my other mates farm.

Spotted a pair of eyes through the overgrown hedge heading towards my side :) off with the lamp,flicked down the harris waited a few secs.

On with the NM800 it was on my side coming slowly up the ditch mousing, followed it up shot it as it walked. A nice vixen

Walked up to a big field on top only a couple of minutes nothing.

Back to the car lamping as i went nothing only rabbits. Got to the car thought i'd look over the gate otherside of the road a pair of eyes coming along the otherside of a old hedge rifle on gate followed it up waited for it to come to the end of it nice gap,squeezed trigger misfire :mad: it was only about 60 yards,he heard me reload and off it went back to the wood :sad1: called for a few minutes but no sign :sad1:

post-40804-0-66594900-1385850473_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well done on the fox :good:

I haven't got my FAC but am looking into it. Out of curiosity, how do you deal with a missfire?

Personally I leave it pointed in a safe direction for about 30 seconds then eject the round and put it somewhere safe to take home (not in a pocket). I have also rechambered them and given them a second strike which has never failed. I've had them in shotgun, rimfire and centrefire. The last one I had was a .243 PPU 90grn while the crosshairs were steady on the neck of a nice little muntjac. The blighter heard me swearing/reloading and took off at full speed. Possibly the luckiest deer I've ever seen as there was a nice deep strike in the primer and it fired second time round.

Eccles, what round was it that misfired mate?

Edited by sterling