Sleeping help ...

Lloyd90

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up because I can't sleep as I'm waiting for the alarm to go off. I am out working the dog today so I don't want the alarm to wake everyone else in the house up. Quite often I wake up thinking about what jobs I have to do at work. When I worked on the overhead lines I slept like a log, now I'm a shiny **** office worker its different. Anyway, good morning all.

Been awake since 17.50 Friday still wide awake not slept all night :|

it will be the same for the next 2 nights :blink:

Perm nights is my problem 4 on 4 off the 4 off sound good but it takes 2 days to get back to any normall life style, 1st day off i sleep for about 4.5 hrs dont bother eating anything decent, just dont feel like it, have 2 pints around 22.00 then bed for 23.30 wake up at 04.00 or earlier, thats day 2, so feel like a zombie all day. Go to bed around midnight because i'm buzzing at around 21.00 cant keep still, so clear off out for a shooting session.Day 3 i'm and i seem to be back to normal (well i think so) same pattern for years but gradually getting harder to get back to normal the older i'm getting.

I used to worry about work stuff till my Mrs learnt a technique called "emotional parking"

Basically rather than waste time and energy worrying at the wrong time park your problem somewhere to be worried about when you can actually do something about it.

If at night I start to think about something at work I say to myself what can be done about it now. In my mind I imagine writing a short note about the problem and leave it on the passenger seat of the car so I can run it through my mind while driving into work the next day and figure out how to tackle it when I get there.

You haven't solved the problem but parked it somewhere to be worried about when you stand half a chance of doing something about it.

Told a friend at work and he found it useful as well.

2 years ago I had the same problem and had had it for most of my life, could never get to sleep, and then never wanted to get up.

Finally I was diagnosed as having sleep apnia, This is a condition where you stop breathing whilst asleep, your brain then wakes you up, even though you might not become conscious. This prevents you going into deep sleep and can cause many other problems. I would suggest you ask your doctor to send you to a sleep consultant for a test. If it is not sleep apnia then try hypnotherapy, that is supposed to be really good to train you to switch off. Good luck, by the way I use to stop breathing 74 times an hour!!! All ok now though

Edited by 12boreblue