Sleeping help ...

Lloyd90

Anyone got any top tips for getting to sleep at night. Always end up laying there for ages not being able to sleep, then always want to stay there in the mornings.

Sometimes can lie there for hours yawning etc n just cant drift off. So come on lads, whats your top tips ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep having nightmares when I sleep so far I've been stabbed, beat up, cheated on, fell off ladders and all in a week . I think it's the pain killers diazepam for my neck. In fact I'm scared to go sleep right now

train your brain to recognise when you are dreaming and let it "part wake you" so your concious mind can take control of the dream, then direct it to what ever result you wish...Yes it can be done...its called lucid dreaming and its the BEST way of dealing with recurrent nightmares.

This is a very common problem-but it is kind of a vicious circle because when you don't sleep you become worried-this then prevents you getting off the next night. Several techniques can work by themselves but if they don't then go and see your GP-lack of sleep can be dangerous to you and those around you as well as having serious long term effects. You can buy tapes of rainfall or whatever sound relaxes you or you can invent a story in your mind that you wind down to-a good example is-you are out walking with friends in the Dales when you realise that its going to get dark before you get back to the cars-you have no option but to make camp wherever you can but you can see huge rainclouds coming your way so you need to make a waterproof shelter and find some way of keeping you all warm thru the night. Take your time and imagine as many details as you can-the important thing is to be comfortable under your shelter when the storm strikes. Try it or variations on the technique-you might be surprised.

I had a Stroke in 2006 and i have had Insomnia ever since. :cry1:

I have tried. Kalms. Sominex. Sleep Aid. Nytol. Night nurse. All a waste of time and money. :sad1:

I asked my Doctor for sleeping tablets on Prescription he said not recommended.

Has strong sleeping tablets can bring on early Alzheimer`s. Holly ****. :w00t:

I have found that 1/2 a Antihistamine tablet or Allergy Hayfever tablet.

30 min before i go to bed knocks me out. Sorted. :yahoo:

Have a look at www.chemistdirect.co.uk web site. 30 Allergy tablets for a £1 :good:

I hope you get sorted bud you shouldn`t be having sleeping problems at 23 years old. :no:

Good luck.

Anyone got any top tips for getting to sleep at night. Always end up laying there for ages not being able to sleep, then always want to stay there in the mornings.

Sometimes can lie there for hours yawning etc n just cant drift off. So come on lads, whats your top tips ?

Marry a Nymphomaniac ..... you will be glad to get to sleep.

You are suffering from teenageritis! :yes:

When I find it difficult to sleep I used to worry as I was laid there about not sleeping. I was told by a Doctor to think how comfy and warm I was, and during my working day how much I would love to relax for half an hour on my bed like this. Basically it stopped me worrying about not sleeping and concentrated on positives.

The drowsy version of Benadryl is the same drug as Nytol, diphenhydramine hydrochloride. I find it quite useful and as far as I can tell (from talking to doctors etc), it seems pretty safe. I also use melatonin but that is hard to find here in UK. 5-HTP (triptophan) is very similar in terms of brain activity so that is worth a try.

It is true that worrying about not sleeping only adds to the problem.

If I married a nympho I'd be glad to stay awake then :good:

Will try the drowsy allergy tablets, suprising how lack of sleep affects the body not just the mind.

Figgy