Best cheap to insure car for 17 yr old daughter ?

utectok

Car insurance is a wierd one it seems nowadays as a lad at work (early 20`s) is finding its cheaper to insure a 2L Astra gte (circa 90`s) than a 2 yr old 1.2 corsa !! go figure ? He even had quotes for a mk2 Mr2 cheaper than a similar priced micra.

I`d find prospective cars and get on the comparison sites for quotes and see what results you get tbh.

1.0 Corsa

Don't automatically think that all 1.0 are the same, some are silly insurance

Also the 1.3 Ka for some reason is cheap, but check on which Bhp ( they do 2 different ones in the 1.3), also the newer Ka is cheaper to tax, older ones are quite dear

Went through all this with my niece, good luck

:shaun:

Honestly - I'd look more for something like a Nissan Micra, you want something that that 'Max Power' lad has no interest in.

Also - amazingly, when we insured my daughter's first car - it made a massive difference adding myself and my wife as named drivers to the policy, literally took 100s off the price.

(£600 I seem to remember).

Then look for a bonus accelerator policy, which will run for 10 months - but at the end of it give a years no claims, we ended up paying £1000 for a Nissan Micra over 10 months, then next time she had 30% ncb, we've done this for two 'years' (20 months) and now it's much, much cheaper.

Pete

Moggy thou' must be a bit hard to find.

Looks very nice though.

Moggy thou' must be a bit hard to find.

Looks very nice though.

Quite common really and easily get a good one in op's budget. Cost the misses £700 to insure her first year, free tax and the parts are cheap and plentiful. Plus very easy to fix and 40mpg average easily. Great first car IMO and not a car to be bombing about in :) Edited by ace_of_hearts