S200

nobby

Toying with the idea with getting an s200 for the good lady (she'll never come out so it will be mine all mine mwahahahaha ).

Read some good things about them but would like the honest opinions of people who have used them on a regular basis. It will be used for bunny bashing and hopefully some rat twatting.

daughter has one thats used mainly for lsr.

personally would spend the extra and buy an s410.

the s200 used to be a bit of a bargain but prices have risen, and by the time you've bought the multi shot you're pretty much into s410 money,

and in my opinion the s410 is a nicer gun, the multi shot works better, and they have a pressure gauge which is usefull.

single shot for plinking you can't go wrong with the s200 though, although a bsa ultra may be a better bet depending on your ladies build, much more compact rifle.

If I were to choose one or other hen it would be the 410 in a heartbeat but you can still get deals on 200s. And the use it'd get from the wife doesn't warrant 410 money. Now it will get the occasional run out with me but I have to make it look like it was bought for her.

If the Mrs will use it occasionally I would go for the S200 with no hesitation.

In .177 the sweet spot gives you around 45 shots and only filling to 165/170 bar which is nice and easy if you're pumping.

It's light and short, superb barrel, easy to maintain, keep your eyes open and there's some real bargains about, one on gunstar recently with pump, scope, pellets and bag was up for £275.

I've seen that one myself Timmy, just a bit far. My local (and only) rfd wanted 370 for a mk1 on its own which I thought was a bit hefty. I have a gas gun which is light,powerful and accurate that she could use but secretly want to add the 200 to my armoury.

I had a feel of one and it felt really well balanced, and after many nights with the tx under my arm it felt very light. .177 is my favoured caliber (not wanting to open that can of worms) so ideally hope to find one of those fairly local. Have you got any negatives tbox other than the lack of pressure gauge.

Edited by nobby

I had a feel of one and it felt really well balanced, and after many nights with the tx under my arm it felt very light. .177 is my favoured caliber (not wanting to open that can of worms) so ideally hope to find one of those fairly local. Have you got any negatives tbox other than the lack of pressure gauge.

To be honest I haven't got a great deal to compare it to. You're right that the lack of pressure gage is a disadvantage but I just tend to remember how many shots I've had from it and recharge (using stirrup pump) after about 40 shots. The main reason I went for it is because I'm a lefty and it has a natural stock. I've shot with a friends S410 and found it no more and no less accurate so I guess you pays yer money and takes yer chances!

If you were more local you'd have been welcome to come and have a plink to see for yourself!

The 200 is a cracking gun, I ran one as a company rifle for a long time and it was everyones first choice, never did quite understand the styling but it did fit/feel good, and was accurate.

The 410 is better, but it is a different gun, I think most will tell you how good the 200 is, but multi shot is a consideration more and more these days.

Ive just sold my s200 mk2 in 22 cal over chrono i got 70 shots at 11.5 ft i got a second cylinder so with 140 shots well enough i sold mine for £250 mint .but the gun was amazing deadly accurate easy to maintain nothing to go wrong with these .the seals etc are built into the cylinders not in the gun thats what makes them easy to work on by yourself.

I bought a new scorpion se from bsa.and i would have my s200 back anyday over this .

Bought my lad a MK3 (I had a MK1 a few years back ) and it shoots every bit as well as my Daystate MK3-I think that the S200 is the most under rated gun in history-its looks must put people off in their thousands but put a scope on it and bring it to your shoulder and it all makes sense. I bet I can guess your future- you will buy one, be well pleased with it and then sell it ,after a while , for something "better"-you will then spend considerable time wishing you still had it :yes:

• 2 weeks later...