Great opportunity for the youngsters A big well done to BASC Eastern Region

Date/Time
27 Jan - All Day

Norfolk

East
NR9 5EL
United Kingdom
Easton Estate

Nathan-Yarham-206x300.jpg12 guns are available for a beat one stand one 60 bird game shooting day by kind permission of the Euston Estate near Norwich. This is an excellent opportunity to give your young shot their first taste of game shooting under the expert guidance of the BASC shotgun coaches and in the company of other like-minded youngsters. The day will begin with a briefing from Head Keeper Andy McAfee and from BASC Director Simon Reinhold. You will be asked to bring your own lunch and also a small tip for the ‘Keeper for the end of the day – this is not necessarily a reflection of their enjoyment but more to get Young Shots used to the process of tipping without embarrassment. Our experience from last year tells us that this is the best way to begin a shooting career. Making lifelong friends in glorious countryside and going home with some well-earned birds. A Christmas present they won’t have finished with by Boxing Day…

Mon 27 Jan 2014 Easton Estate, Norwich, Norfolk, NR9 5EL

• Young Shot members only, ages 13 -21
  • Must have own Shotgun certificate
  • £110 per gun
  • Bring your own lunch and ‘Keepers tip (£10 suggested)
  • Shoot one drive / beat one drive
  • 60 bird day
  • 12 places available
  • BASC Coaches provided for standing guns
  • 0900 – 1600

In addition, you will need the following equipment:

• A valid shotgun certificate
  • A shotgun
  • All participants must use FIBRE WAD CARTRIDGES of the appropriate calibre, load and shotsize (please call Simon Reinhold 07500 609 163 if you need advice)
  • Gun slip
  • Beating stick
  • Waterproof leggings
  • Coat, hat, boots, gloves
  • Ear defenders and shooting glasses if you have them (we will provide if you do not)
  • Lunch

To book tickets click here.

Edited by bakerboy

Great opportunity for the youngsters A big well done to BASC Eastern Region

Date/Time

27 Jan - All Day

Norwich

Norfolk

East

NR9 5EL

United Kingdom

Easton Estate

Nathan-Yarham-206x300.jpg12 guns are available for a beat one stand one 60 bird game shooting day by kind permission of the Euston Estate near Norwich. This is an excellent opportunity to give your young shot their first taste of game shooting under the expert guidance of the BASC shotgun coaches and in the company of other like-minded youngsters. The day will begin with a briefing from Head Keeper Andy McAfee and from BASC Director Simon Reinhold. You will be asked to bring your own lunch and also a small tip for the ‘Keeper for the end of the day – this is not necessarily a reflection of their enjoyment but more to get Young Shots used to the process of tipping without embarrassment. Our experience from last year tells us that this is the best way to begin a shooting career. Making lifelong friends in glorious countryside and going home with some well-earned birds. A Christmas present they won’t have finished with by Boxing Day…

Mon 27 Jan 2014 Easton Estate, Norwich, Norfolk, NR9 5EL

• Young Shot members only, ages 13 -21
  • Must have own Shotgun certificate
  • £110 per gun
  • Bring your own lunch and ‘Keepers tip (£10 suggested)
  • Shoot one drive / beat one drive
  • 60 bird day
  • 12 places available
  • BASC Coaches provided for standing guns
  • 0900 – 1600

In addition, you will need the following equipment:

• A valid shotgun certificate
  • A shotgun
  • All participants must use FIBRE WAD CARTRIDGES of the appropriate calibre, load and shotsize (please call Simon Reinhold 07500 609 163 if you need advice)
  • Gun slip
  • Beating stick
  • Waterproof leggings
  • Coat, hat, boots, gloves
  • Ear defenders and shooting glasses if you have them (we will provide if you do not)
  • Lunch

To book tickets click here.

Unashamed bounce as I do not want any youngsters to miss out on the opportunity of a really great day out.

I coached on this day in January 2013, a real shooting experience for all that came along.

This Estate is a great place to shoot, the birds are testing.

You willhave5/6 drives, and the bag last year included Woodcock and Teal.

Each gun will have a Coach at all times who will give guidance on not only shooting, but field etiquette as well.

It really is a day not to be missed.

Edited by bakerboy

• 4 weeks later...

It can be deemed as an educational day out, and some Schools will allow the day to be taken.

I was there last year, and it was a great day out.

Numbers are rising but I think we could do with just a few more.

Simon at BASC Eastern region is the man to speak to.

Terry

Are days away from School, proven to be "educational", not allowed any more? (bearing in mind that Clay Pigeon shooting can be taken as a GCSE option.)

My granddaughters school are taking them to see Manchester United (at home), fantastic opportunity, they leave mid afternoon and arrive home at gone mid night (the School is in Bedfordshire) , and will be allowed to miss the first couple of lessons the next day.

Legal or illegal?

I will state that I do not have a problem with this.

It is my belief that the whole school term thing needs a serious overhaul, was it not arranged around Harvest time etc. or am I wrong.

I do not want to de rail my own thread of trying to get youngsters into shooting with a fantastic offer from BASC.

There are still a couple of places available for this great opportunity, ages up to I think 21/23 years of age, so no School problem there.

Edited by bakerboy