anyone got a torch like this

shawn9914

Hi All

I have just bought one of these for my dad for xmas

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultrafire-1600Lm-CREE-XM-L-T6-C8-LED-Torch-Flashlight-18650-Battery-AC-Charger-/221312623150?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item338742a22e

I have found it to be rubbish the battery is either not charging or its all just rubbish as it goes from fully charged to completely flat in less than 5 minutes

can anyone recommend another torch same design that is of a decent quality

thanks

We use LED LENSER P7's in work. I have had mines for about 2 years getting used on average 2 hours a day every work day, and it's still going. Very tired and beaten but still effective. It's not to bad on battery's and is ultra bright.

They are a little expensive, but you get what you pay for.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Lenser-9407-P7-2-Pro-Torch-Black-Gift-Box-/350903277975

Cheers

I would steer well clear of Ultrafire batteries if I were you!

If you want a Cree XML in a decent cheap package, try Solarforce torches.

Taclight or Flashaholics are well regarded UK sites (other websites are also available). You can buy these direct from Hong Kong, but postage may be steep.

Cost is about £25 - £30

hth

I bought one from lidl for £7 led very bright good stuff I lost my AA maglite in a DB cupboard in South Wales somewhere I had had for years was well peed off its a bit bigger than the maglite but light wise its great focusable beam etc silver and blue which is fine for what I need in my tool box

HI

Im affraid to say thats a clone of the C8... the labeling is wrong it should say cree then have a logo, no logo and then the end cap brass bit is the wrong shape it should be flat with no bevel on the edge also the wrist strap is made of the wrong material. the reflector is also very dull.....Does the charger have a brand name anywhere on it? Is there a CE stamp? This is a typical cheap package that you have to be careful with... the batterys are probably re labeled recycled lap top batteries.. hence wont hold any charge thats if the charger is even regulated....send it back dont use it it may be dangerous... never buy any charger with a cheap plug convertor like that i dont think its even fused...

they state that the battery can be charged 1800 times...what absolute rubbish and lies this seller is telling...even top of the range panasonics are only good for a thousand at £19 each..

Ask for a full refund tell them thats it is a clone the chargers not got full CE approval and that you will send for testing if not refunded straight away.....it wouldnt suprize me if that didnt even ask for it back... you can buy this package from dodgy chinese sellers for $5 USD a set...thats about £3...

Im sorry you got ripped off... when you get your refund i will sell you a good kit at the price you payed for that rubbish... but as its a gift from you to your dad i want you to have a good kit as you intended it for your dad from his son.

Give me a shout when you sort your refund...

Feel for you chap...

not nice getting ripped off especially for a gift to your dad

Martin

Edited by sirgoldalot

Im sorry you got ripped off... when you get your refund i will sell you a good kit at the price you payed for that rubbish... but as its a gift from you to your dad i want you to have a good kit as you intended it for your dad from his son.

Give me a shout when you sort your refund...

Feel for you chap...

not nice getting ripped off especially for a gift to your dad

Martin

Hi Martin

Thanks for the offer I have boxed it up ready to return, how can I pay you for the torch I can buy from you is paypal ok as a gift if so let me know and I will send straight away

cheers shawn

Edited by shawn9914

HI Shawn...

Im just waiting for a delivery of chargers to come in (xmas post slowed everything up) ...have the torch and a battery case..if you dont mind waiting until after xmas then i can put the whole pack together ...and then send it all together..if it arrives monday/tuesday will let you know...

Regards

Martin

Edited by sirgoldalot

HI Shawn...

Im just waiting for a delivery of chargers to come in (xmas post slowed everything up) ...have the torch and a battery case..if you dont mind waiting until after xmas then i can put the whole pack together ...and then send it all together..if it arrives monday/tuesday will let you know...

Regards

Martin

hi Martin

Yes I can wait don't think the old man believes in santa anymore anyway so it shouldn't ruin xmas that much :lol:

do you have a picture of what you have and are they like a cree led torch

cheers shawn

hi Martin

Yes I can wait don't think the old man believes in santa anymore anyway so it shouldn't ruin xmas that much :lol:

do you have a picture of what you have and are they like a cree led torch

cheers shawn

Yeah its a proper C8 (new), Genuine ultrafire rapid charger (new) and a couple of tested but used batterys with hard storage battery case for the same cost as that **** on ebay..

regards

Martin

Ps...this is a one off for shawns dad..Not available to others at this price

Edited by sirgoldalot

Yeah its a proper C8 (new), Genuine ultrafire rapid charger (new) and a couple of tested but used batterys with hard storage battery case for the same cost as that **** on ebay..

regards

Martin

Good on you, spirit of Christmas and all that.

:good:

regards

Martin

Hi Martin

This is a really nice gesture and I would like to say its great their are still great people about like yourself

thank you very much

shawn

• 2 weeks later...

Just received the torch of Martin today that will replace the cr4p I bought of fleabay, just given it to my dad and been a walk down the dark canal with him and the dogs

well all I can say is WOW what a fantastic torch I can't believe how bright it is its unreal,

massive thanks to Martin for saving the day nice that there are still people like him around as I got ripped of not once but TWICE by fleabay idiots selling cr4p

once again cheers Martin I owe you one :good:

shawn