Best gunslip

gazbev

Ant thoughts on a good gunslip?

I use a cheap canvas one and it's ok but doesn't have much padding or a hard plastic end where the barrels sit.

I do a lot of walked up so my gun is in and out of the slip and when it is out the slip flaps about when worn over my shoulder.

Any ideas?

I've a Moss Leather shotgun slip and a leather one from John Shooter that are nice stiff saddle leather so don't flap when carried empty as a walking gun.

The Moss leather one has gone up in price now he's better know £90 intro deal 8 years later £250 the John Shooter one is cheaper and got it under the Web RRP

PM me if you want links

Another vote for the Razorback, no worries when sharing a motor with friends and your pride and joy is at the bottom lol. Anyone else think they were a bit tight with the shoulder strap length? mine is only just long enough and I'm not the biggest of blokes out there.

Agreed,

Strap is pants, but a small price to pay imho :yes:

Beretta High Performance shotgun slip. Has a firm rubberised bit to protect the rib of the gun, and is very well padded. About 60 pounds from good gunshops.

Comes in two sizes, - I use the smaller one for my 30" barrel shotgun - fits nice, and has pockets on the side to carry chokes, etc..

At the end of the day, you need to go into a shop and look at it so that you know you are happy.

Edited by aris

Google "Phil Ogden sewing services".

Phil is a Lancashire based bag maker who will make whatever you want.

He may no be the cheapest but, having just taken delivery of a bespoke ultra large goose bag I can confirm that the quality is superlative and will probably be the only bag i`ll ever need to buy.

If I was in the market for a gun slip I`d get him to make me one. It would be a sound investment in the long run.

Agreed,

Strap is pants, but a small price to pay imho :yes:

Another one here - the strap is way too short, but that is the only downside to an otherwise great gun slip.

I bought mine second hand off a PW member and when it finally gives up then I will pay £85 plus for another.

Be careful if you buy one as there are two different lengths available - the longer one is for 32" guns or probably 28" / 30" semis.

ATB

Edited by station

Another one here - the strap is way too short, but that is the only downside to an otherwise great gun slip.

I bought mine second hand off a PW member and when it finally gives up then I will pay £85 plus for another.

Be careful if you buy one as there are two different lengths available - the longer one is for 32" guns or probably 28" / 30" semis.

ATB

I think mine is the standard length? 30" barrels and extended chokes are the very max you would get in it. Really tight at that.