Simulated days

enzonapoli1990

I have never shot on one but have worked for a coach where he had a small set up and gave advice to shooters while they shot simulated driven birds. After chatting to the shooters at the end they enjoyed it. The coach I worked for had a trailer with three independently moving traps so no two birds were the same. A lot of money but supposedly very fun!

I have done a few, guns on pegs have a section on them but not used it, last one we did was in mid wales weekend in hotel 5 drives tweeds and sxs, black tie dinner at night shot near 600 carts! about £300 each brilliant weekend just like a posh driven day but clays instead

• 4 weeks later...

Hello , My shoot is in the beautiful Derbyshire Peak District and has a fantastic position for simulated days . We offer 5 drives partridge , High pheasant , Grouse , good food and drink in our shoot hut ,good company . You will need a couple of slabs Fibre only ( I recommend 21grams )and don't forget your gloves as the barrels get a bit warm . You can contact me via my website www.harbororocksclayshoot.co.uk

Has anyone ever done a sim day im thinking of going to one but are they as good as they say?

After a number of people asking me to put on simulated days I have bought 8 x ABT/DTL traps to use on these days.I already have 7 confirmed bookings after only 3 weeks of getting the traps,so there is plenty of interest.I suppose like everything else it comes down to cost.My shoots start at £100 p/p but you will shoot over 400 clays.

I've done a few, normally two or three a year charity simulated game flush shoots where you shoot as a team and hit as many as you can. Great fun and sharpens you up, by the end your praying for the drive to stop as your arms don't work properly any more.

Looking forward to this years offerings.

Figgy

Hi

Try gorcombe in Dorset great day good food great targets try and beat the record teams of 8 or 10

Last time there fired just short of 1000 shells to my own gun

All clays thrown by trappers so your helping the rural economey fiber wads only and they sell cartridges on site

Great day out and safety conscious

It's on the net

It's not mine so I hope this dosent sound like a advert just a great day out

All the best

Of

If you dont mind me asking ,how much did you pay

Think they will be in region of £200-300 now

Wow what a lot of shots don't you get bored after a few hundred?

No way, as there set up and run as simulated game with changing targets and heights throughout the drives you never get bored

Look at youtube and it gives some good videos

http://youtu.be/6h37C8Om3tY

http://youtu.be/6h37C8Om3tY

This is a video I found of the Fonthill one.

I have zero connection with the video maker btw

I did two simulated game days last year. I loved them! All the pomp and circumstance of a game day (that means a lot of food and drink AFAICT) but a reliable number of things to shoot at and a lot less money :-)

Shotgun & Chelsea Bun Club do mixed sim days at two locations, Tewkesbury and Six Mile Bottom in Suffolk. http://shotgunandchelseabunclub.co.uk/events/ Both are really great days out and the cost is £175 per person. Six Mile Bottom also do days when you only have to book one place at a time. http://www.sixmilebottomshoot.co.uk/. That's great if you want to go alone or with a couple of friends.

I got through 250 cartridges each day, but I didn't have a pro loader. If that nice Mr Chimp had been loading for me again I would have got through 400+. And yes, 21g is quite enough!

just had a look at the six mile bottom site, thanks for the link

do they needs couples to participate?

it just down the road from me :-)

Hi, Neil.

No, neither S&CBC or Six Mile Bottom require couples. Anyone can book on. Me & Mr Me are booked on the S&CBC one in June, but there are two others at Six Mile Bottom that month alone.

excellent,

if I had looked better the first time I would have seen the links to the relative page on the six mile web site

really fancy doing a day :-)

thanks again

Neill

Great. If you choose the June S&CBC one let me know, we'll be there. There are only a dozen people or so on a sim day so it shouldn't be hard to work out who we are.