shooting pigeons,retrieving hedgehogs...

wilfried

My dog Jérome surprised me today.. I was out shooting pigeons. shot one and it fell down into the shrubbery. Jérome went for it and came back with...a hedgehog!!!! Think his knowledge of game is sometimes rather poor... :/...Anyway,still like him to go shooting with me!! :good:

post-68118-0-92133000-1390168227_thumb.jpg

some dogs do this other dont, I had a lurcher once who used to parade about with them when lamping early on in the night / session- eventually she would let them go to toddle off on their merry way totally unharmed (well physically at least) and get on with some proper work! Only ever seen one dog kill one my old terrier and it makes a right mess of their mouth. I think its a tease, your dogs idea of a joke that's what I put it down to with mine in the least

Nice picture and story, but If this picture was taken yesterday in the UK you must be living in a microclimate,

as there are no leaves on any of the trees where I am shooting over the last month and I travel a fair bit.

Specsavers are good if you can find them!!!! :lol:

The OP does live in Belgium apparently. :whistling:

Nice picture and story, but If this picture was taken yesterday in the UK you must be living in a microclimate,

as there are no leaves on any of the trees where I am shooting over the last month and I travel a fair bit.

This picture was taken this week. Temperature didn't go lower then 10° Celsius this winter.we didn't have any frost up to today and this is the result!! Some trees didn't loose their leaves and some are already getting new leaves and are already green8

opps from Belgium, well I did say anywhere in the uk. should of said picture was taken in Belgium.

apologies wilfried the weather must be much warmer than here.

No offence,mate! In fact I am waiting for a bit of winter. Normally we have temperatures below zero and snow this time of the year. Now it is much to warm...some birds are already making nests (magpie in my garden) and the first lapwings are already here. Global warming maybe?