Another apology request- Miners Strike

keg

There was murder going on here as well, have a read about David Wilkie, a poor taxi driver who was killed by two scum miners that dropped a concrete block on his car.

His crime? Driving a miner to work.

The NUM blamed the government for encouraging miners to return to work, Kim Howells should be expelled from the country for that comment.

When the two murderers were convicted another 700 scumbags walked out of work in sympathy, even though the strike was now over.

Unfortunately the two killers had their sentence and conviction reduced and got out after 5yrs, while Mr Wilkies children grew up without a father.

Thats miners happy to murder people to protect their pensions and big salaries.

They weren't just striking to feed their families, they were happy to murder innocent men to get what they wanted.

No doubt you are better qualified to determine the correct sentence than the judges involved as you no doubt have wikipedia as a reference to your "facts". Were you out of short trousers when this episode took place or had you not progressed that far. Maybe you would take a different view if it had been you that had been thrown out of a job putting the walefare of your children at risk. David Wilkie did not deserve what happened to him and those responsible got what they deserved but the government under Thatchers control are just as guilty yet they try and wash their hands of all blame. The poor man was killed doing his job,the innocent here were deliberately murdered because of who they were,there is a difference which you obviously are too blinkered to see. Thankfully I survived both you on the other hand experienced neither.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully I survived both you on the other hand experienced neither.

Ahh I see, victim mentality.

You have no idea what I have experienced and I'm not about to get into a competition to see who has witnessed the most sectarian violence, so I'll leave you to your opinions, I'm in too good a mood to get into a bitter argument and drag up memories of events from many years ago.

Ahh I see, victim mentality.

You have no idea what I have experienced and I'm not about to get into a competition to see who has witnessed the most sectarian violence, so I'll leave you to your opinions, I'm in too good a mood to get into a bitter argument and drag up memories of events from many years ago.

Cheers.♥♥

Scargill and his cronies had no interest in the well being of the miners and their families, they were communist backed and out to bring down the country, they didn't care whether a labour or conservative government was in power at the time but obviously had to make it look anti government to cover their real intentions.

They actually did a lot of damage but were thankfully stopped, it didn't come without cost but it is ironic that idiots still see Scargill as the saviour when he was the enemy within!

You only have to look at how Scargill feathered his own nest, there was no idealism, he was a stinking rotten traitor paid to bring down our country.

theres commies everywhere , sounds like something from wait til your father gets home :lol:

]

Thankfully that particular mob were exposed for what they were, still some who think they were acting for the interests of the union members who paid their salaries but most have seen through that con now that scargills activities have become public knowledge.

Thankfully that particular mob were exposed for what they were, still some who think they were acting for the interests of the union members who paid their salaries but most have seen through that con now that scargills activities have become public knowledge.

i just had to chuckle about the commie thing cold war seems so long ago now but then so was the minors strike

Edited by overandunder2012

Newly released cabinet papers from 1984 reveal mineworkers' union leader Arthur Scargill may have been right to claim there was a "secret hit-list" of more than 70 pits marked for closure.

The government and National Coal Board said at the time they wanted to close 20. But the documents reveal a plan to shut 75 mines over three years

If this document had ever emerged during the strike it would have been devastating for the credibility of Margaret Thatcher" because Mrs Thatcher and Mr MacGregor always maintained there were plans for the closure of only 20 pits

Makes me wonder what else the goverment has hidden from us,

johnnie

Edited by AULD YIN

Some of us quite enjoyed watching those nasty bully boy miners get a bit of a kicking. It was give and take on both sides and a fair while ago now so why start digging all this stuff up. Let's move on.

ok then lets move on to kicking the other nasty bully boys who ------- the country IE the bankers :yes: bet you would like that less

KW

Here we go again, every owe is me "victim" crawling out of the woodwork looking for an apology, lets face it, it's all about the money, claims will be shooting forth if anyone apologises. Thankfully Cameron told yerman to go and poke.

Also highly amusing to see the usual anti Mrs T bile coming out. She stood up to Scargill who used the miners for his own agenda (the miners in my family blame Scargill and feel that he used them). Mrs T made sure the Long Kesh slimmers went straight to hell before making any changes to prisons in NI, she used the SAS to slot as many terrorists as possible. The Argies were kicked out of the Falklands. Sorry can't see too much wrong with that, mind you, i'm not a Leftie or an apologist for Child Killing Terrorists either.

What about the pickets that killed the bloke in the taxi.....

There was thuggery on both sides,

My brother in law was a printer at the pit, his union wasnt on strike (so got nothing) but the abuse they suffered if they dared to go to work was nobodies business

I'm out of any further discussion on this topic because it makes my blood boil on how innocent Scargill and the miners were

:shaun:

This is my biggest bugbear Shaun. Scargill goes on about the working man etc. KW goes on about the police tactics. IF there had been peaceful legal demonstrations most of the incidents would not have occurred.

ok then lets move on to kicking the other nasty bully boys who ------- the country IE the bankers :yes: bet you would like that less

KW

Lets not forget the govt of the time plus the percentage of the population that spanked every credit card and mortgage that they could hoping that their house prices would keep up. Don't blame the bankers for forcing people to spend money and Balls,Brown and the other morons increasing public spending....

Correct me if I am wrong but did Labour not close down more pits than the Tories did?

If that is the case why did Scargill and the NUM not condemn Labour?

Funny that especially now that Scargill seems to have endorsed one of Thatcher's flagship polices. How leopards change their spots. Seems to have ****** off some of his old mates. (Particlarly when it's possible that he was trying to turn them over......)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25731328

Former Scargill loyalist Jimmy Kelly, a miner at the Edlington Main pit near Doncaster in the 1980s, said he was astonished to learn of the attempt to buy the Barbican flat.

"It's so hypocritical it's unreal," he said. "It was Thatcher's legislation, actually giving council tenants the right to buy their own houses.

"I think if it had been made public before then there'd have been a huge outcry. I think people would be astounded by knowing that.

"During the strike there was nothing better than him [scargill], we'd have followed him to the end of the world and, in effect, we probably did."

Mr Pickles, the communities secretary, added: "This government's reinvigorated right to buy is helping build new affordable homes and gives something back to families who have worked hard, paid their rent and played by the rules."

This is my biggest bugbear Shaun. Scargill goes on about the working man etc. KW goes on about the police tactics. IF there had been peaceful legal demonstrations most of the

incidents would not have occurred.

IF there had been PEACEFUL and LEGAL demonstrations NONE of the incidents would have occurred. To apologise is to accept guilt, to accept guilt is to open the compensation floodgates !

Lets not forget that the miners wanted to cause maximum disruption, so they held secret meetings where they would plan how to cause the most trouble possible.

And the stuff about police brutality is a joke, how many police threw paving slabs off motorway bridges?

What annoyed me was that it wasn't about the avarage working man, neither Scargill or the miners cared about that, they were all just out for themselves.

The irony is that the miners were played as mugs by Scargill and the people behind the scenes, they didn't realise until it was too late.

The comedy is that some of them are still that blind that they blame Mrs Thatcher for it all.

I'll say this, the people pulling Scargills strings did such a good propaganda job that even now some people still think the Tory government brought down the mines.