Trail Cameras

chrisjpainter

If this should be in 'Guns and Equipment', then please accept my humble apologies!

Do any of you chaps use trail cams regularly? if so, have you got any recommendations or horror stories to guide me? It's going to get pretty easy going use - to monitor bird feeders that have just gone up in some woods, and to get a good idea of the rats' movements in the chicken/duck enclosure.

price isn't that much of an issue, but I'm not too much of an idiot, so won't spend the earth.

Many thanks

Chris

I should add the 6210mc is not a great deal more in cost. But, you get a couple of extra nifty features. You get full HD 1080p video. A mic (not great at long distance) but at least some audio. There is also an SD card 'recycle' setting which deletes the earliest video if the card gets full (great if you don't check them that often). The 6210MC also has the option to fit the MMS (sim card) module - you'll get texts/pictures when triggered (plus you can manually trigger it from the phone).

I should add the 6210mc is not a great deal more in cost. But, you get a couple of extra nifty features. You get full HD 1080p video. A mic (not great at long distance) but at least some audio. There is also an SD card 'recycle' setting which deletes the earliest video if the card gets full (great if you don't check them that often). The 6210MC also has the option to fit the MMS (sim card) module - you'll get texts/pictures when triggered (plus you can manually trigger it from the phone).

How much do you charge for these? Thanks