Opinions on Bettinsoli ,Lincoln , Revo , Yildiz , Morgan guns

welshwizard

Been looking for a 28 gauge o/u preowned but nothing has come up close to me in S.Wales so considering buying new but again would most likely have to order in the gun , as not keen on the idea as I like to see and handle usually before I commit to a purchase , so has anyone bought any of the guns in the under £800 bracket new and been pleased with them , I know most of the up to about £500 are Turkish now but not sure if there is a better known country making any in budget range .

I have also considered a pump or semi auto .

I've recently (last week) bought a new Bettinsoli, its a 12g O/U, im very pleased with is so far. Seems pretty well made, looks nice and have had good success with it in my short time using it. The only other new guns that i looked at for the same kind of money was the Revo, and a Webley & Scott, in my opinion both these looked and felt alot cheaper and not as well made. I would not have been happy paying £700 ish for them but the Bettinsoli i feel ive got alot of gun for the money.

As i say ive only had mine a week so cant really give a full review but on first impressions i think its a good gun for the money. And they seem to get really good right ups in the mags/reviews.

I know its a 12g and your after a 28g but hope this helps a little.

Edited by Greg.L

Thanks

I've recently (last week) bought a new Bettinsoli, its a 12g O/U, im very pleased with is so far. Seems pretty well made, looks nice and have had good success with it in my short time using it. The only other new guns that i looked at for the same kind of money was the Revo, and a Webley & Scott, in my opinion both these looked and felt alot cheaper and not as well made. I would not have been happy paying £700 ish for them but the Bettinsoli i feel ive got alot of gun for the money.

As i say ive only had mine a week so cant really give a full review but on first impressions i think its a good gun for the money. And they seem to get really good right ups in the mags/reviews.

I know its a 12g and your after a 28g but hope this helps a little.

Thanks for that it does help .

Are you going to the shooting show? The guns will be on show, new and used.

You may even find a bargain.

If you ask on the forum you even be able to share the journey with some one in your area

I use REVO .410 & 28g and Yildiz .410 for coaching youngsters and the guns are value for money, it depends what you want out of your gun.

Have a five year old Bettinsoli and had no problems, well made and slightly better standard wood than the other guns and also mid weight about 7.5 lds, good right up in press,

Early guns had a habit of firing both barrels at same time not sure how many but with the forums brought to everyone's attention, only heard of one since i brought mine so if it was a problem it's not now

Had a Yeldiz 410 for a while nice gun but very light with its aluminium block same as 28G, good wood but think i would look for a Bettinsoli or Lincoln for a 28 gauge with better weight. not sure where the Lincoln is made but Betty is Italian and as i understand it makes quite a few bits for Beretta and may be part owned by them

I own a Lincoln and have used a Bettinsoli often ... not a lot between them ... only thing l have noticed is when shooting clays, for the same given number of cartridges fired, the Bettingsoli barrels heat up far more than a Lincoln. Not a criticism, just an observation.

I thought "F.A.I.R. ltaly manufactured Lincoln OU shotgun, though not SBS ... though l'm not certain!

Had a couple of betinsolli shotguns over the years only problem I have ever had was a broken firing pin many years ago, good reliable guns the only thing I would say would be get a mint one s/hand if possible, if you buy new you will loose money in the long term last one I had bought it about 6 years ago traded it in last year against a .308 howa rifle got £400 trade in value which is good, normally s/hand 12 gauges go from £400 - £550 private

Yildiz are far from agricultural. They're very well finished.

Ok wrong word, better word is cheap,tried .410 & 20g on a have a go stand and thought, cheap looking and cheap feel.

Owned a lincoln in 20g and whilst that not a silver pigeon it was a good honest/safe gun...just my opinion on the 2 named that I have shot.If your opinion is yildiz are very well finished then it differs to mine.

I had a Yildiz .410 side by side for a while. Nice little gun but very light. The metal work was good and the engraving was OK but nothing special. The wood again was OK but nothing special and would benefit from a few hours of sandpaper and tru oil treatment. Overall a nice perfectly usable gun for the money.

I also have a Webley and Scott 820 for my wife to use occaisionally. It was cheap, the wood is OK and the action is basic but functional. I would to get her a Beretta but for the amount of use it gets would be a waste. Not sure how much long term abuse it would stand up to.

I would say the Yildiz was better put together than the Webley and Scott and have been trying to justify getting a Yildiz 28g to myself (still not quite there though).

Hope this helps.

At least Bettinsolli and Ylidz have been around for a while and from what I have seen the Yildz are OK but like all guns of there price will depend on how much hammer its going to get. They also seem to make specific small bores nor smaller barrels on a standard frame . As to the rest Personaly I would avoid .

Only have experience of the Lincoln of those you mention. It was a Lincoln Jubilee Prestige in 20 bore. Case-hardened finish with stunning wood. Made in Italy by the F.A.I.R. Very well made of lovely quality.

You don't mention Webley and Scott, but I have experience through shooting mates of two of the o/u models and the expereince wasn't good. Best avoided in my opinion.

Thanks gents very informative , I didn't go to the Shooting show this year as I went last year and it was difficult to even look through the guns on sale , I waited 15 minutes to handle one I liked the look off and then left the stand .

I have handled the webley 28 gauge and was not impressed , I like the look of the lincoln,s and Bettinsoli but have not been able to find one locally or even further afield in 28 gauge , Avalon guns are doing them in 12 gauge so rang and asked if they had or could get me a 28 but no joy , Lincoln I was looking at was I think called "premier gold" model but again nothing so far , everyone I have spoken to that has used 28 gauge sings their praise including rfd reports .

For those of you that shoot 28,s - is there much of a cartridge selection , I want to use it for rough and occasional clays .