Any Rizzini Ownership Experience?

peteri

Hi

One of the guns I really enjoyed stroking at the Shooting Show was the Rizzini Premier, it really surprised me in terms of fit/balance.

Does anyone have any experience of owning Rizzinis? There don't seem to be many used out there, and I don't want to end up getting something that's a bit of a turkey

Cheers

Pete

I have a McNabb Highlander which is a badged B. Rizzini. After ten years & several thousand game loads it works perfectly. I have owned guns by Browning, Beretta & Miroku. The quality, I would venture, is similar to their lower grade offerings. However, I would never part with this gun because of the fit. No other has come close. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

My first shotgun was a E , I got it when i was 16 and owned it for 9 years . It never let me down however it always tryed it`s hardest to rust away if it had not been incredibly well cleaned within an hour of use !

The gun was £320 new in 2000 and traded it in for £200 in 2009 , can`t really grumble too much at that :)

Beretta's do depreciate, to say they dont isnt the case ...

Secondhand Rizzini, say bought for £300 .. 5 years later, minus 30% = -£90 = £210

Beretta, secondhand .. £900 ..5 years on would probably make it best part of 15 years old .. minus 10% = £90 ... = £810

Beretta's do go wrong, as does most mechanical devices! ... l like them, occasionally use my mates, its nice "his is not my favour model however, though still nice" .. l find there is a blind favouritism toward Beretta .. there isnt anything wrong with that, product manufactuers love blind loyalty. They are nice, but some people see not further than Beretta, and choose every reason possible to support their undoubted good common sense .. as they see it ..

I would wager a "new" rizzini will loose alot more than 30% over 5 years. I didn't suggest beretta don't go wrong they do (that's why there is a good supply of parts) browning and miroku also go wrong my 2007 525 had to have the bottom pin reground after getting a few light strikes.... I just bought a 20 year old miroku which I expect may need a new bottom pin and striker in the next few years...... If it costs me £100 in parts and £50 in depreciation over the next 1-5 years I'll have lost less than I would in 3 months on a new rizzini....

Looked at one at Christmas for someone else and I could buy it for 1600 less than what it was being sold for at shoot show,it was brand new with dealer and round body,,,,,yes that is one thousand six hundred so if you fancy one I,all buy it and sell it to you for £800 less than you'll prob get quoted......we did not buy cause of resale issues.....

Clay - current models of interest:

CG Invictus or used Ellipse Evo

Blaser F3 Competition Sporting (didn't like the weight of the Supersport)

Maybe, maybe used DT10

I think I'll try and try a Rizzini Premier, since it did feel nice - but....

I currently have a Browning Ultra XTR - decent gun and shooting well, but I have an itch! (And want a slimmer fore end)