CENS Proflex

Steview555

Just bit the bullet and ordered a set at the British Shooting Show. Hope I haven't wasted my money! Just been working out the battery life and whilst it's not the end of the world it galls me to think they will be constantly discharging. Could you simply take the batteries out when not in use?

I have a pair and they are very good,the batteries are hearing aid ones and run down ,you can put the cover tabs back on and it slows it down,I have the battery upgrade and they stick out a bit further,I have some spare upgrade covers so if you want some let me know and I'll send you a set

So realistically how long do the type 13 batteries last once fitted and used say 3 hours per week?

Cheers

Tom

They (the standard ones) last quite a while whether using them or not, but they do run down when they're not in use. I bought a load of batteries off eBay which worked out quite cheap.

Before today I last wore mine just after Christmas and as soon as I put them in today they beeped for a battery change.

You'd probably get a week or two at 3 hours per day at a guess.

Edited by jimmyb79

No the batteries have a sticker on the back of them when new that stop them discharging. Once that sticker is removed, they discharge whether in the CENS or not (but at a slower rate if not actually used). It's not the earplugs that cause it, but rather the battery itself.

Ahhhhh, I understand now, thank you. The CENS website sell the batteries for £24 for 60 (either type) so assuming they run out together that would be 30 changes at 400 hours per change (high power battery) a total of 12,000 hours or 500 days, works out at 5p a day B) I have also seen you can get 120 for £32 on Ebay from Germany which is 3.2p a day :yahoo:

I have a pair and they are very good,the batteries are hearing aid ones and run down ,you can put the cover tabs back on and it slows it down,I have the battery upgrade and they stick out a bit further,I have some spare upgrade covers so if you want some let me know and I'll send you a set

Thank you , you have a pm :good:

• 3 weeks later...

Thats great thank you, just need you to sort my order asap and I can play :yahoo:

This week we will hopefully have a 'Pigeon Watch Pack' ready (for Pigeon Watch Members) that will allow you to add up to £100 of accessories free of charge when you order from our website. We will be posting details as soon as it is ready.

Anywhere between 5 and 10 years. It all depends on how much care you take, specially with cleaning them.

I was discussing this with a friend the other day, maybe you can answer or someone may have already done this.

Being you can buy the Cens active inserts separately (I already have the passives), how would they perform if one was to buy just one amplified insert? So you would have a passive in one ear and an active in the other.

Of course this is all about the cost :)

I was discussing this with a friend the other day, maybe you can answer or someone may have already done this.

Being you can buy the Cens active inserts separately (I already have the passives), how would they perform if one was to buy just one amplified insert? So you would have a passive in one ear and an active in the other.

Of course this is all about the cost :)

Yes this is an option. It will provide ambient awareness, but you will loose sound directionality. i.e you may not be able to tell which direction sound is coming from.

Yes this is an option. It will provide ambient awareness, but you will loose sound directionality. i.e you may not be able to tell which direction sound is coming from.

I figured that may be the case. WillCENS be at the CLA? If I took my Passives there could I slip in some actives to try them out?