Gothic Folly + open plan living room

splitstop63

I Went on one of them night school courses for 9/10 weeks 1 night a week 3 hours a night to learn the basics of bricklaying i enjoyed the course and decided to have a go at building a wishing well i got the scale wrong and spoilt our view :no:

Then decided to build a Gothic Folly in the shape of a Ruined Castle with turrets i had to build it double skinned to carry the turrets and the coping stones i found in a reclaimed yard i will add a link to photobucket let me know your thoughts views Good or Bad i have got skin thicker then a Rinos Botty :lol: No offence taken We love it

I Am a bit limited at wot i can do or the speed i can do it due to Spondylosis of the spine and neck and arthritis of the joints and fingers pleased with the out come next decided to build an open plan living room with chimney breast still a project in progress when the sun comes out again i will crack on and finish it off the shell is up again double skinned all this has been achieved out of Rubbish skips well most of it

Even the windows in the open plan living room where in a solid oak front door out of a skip i just knocked the door and asked if i could have it :good:

The stone church windows are off ebay £12.50p each i made them look old with watered down masenery paint the same with the stone arch walkway just aged up with paint in water

My Favorite part is the Gothic gate off a local listed building dated 1765 knocked down to make way for a new tesco and bypass :no: CRIMINAL In my eyes !!!

I Also love the Marble Virgin Mary off a demolished chapel dated 1893 if you flick throw my photos you will see it next to my silver birch bonsai Hope you like it all the best Nick

http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Splitstop63/media/Picture020_zps2a1b8790.jpg.html

Edited by splitstop63

I like the Victorian Mangle to the right but If I'm honest...as skilful as you obviously are.... the rest looks like a mess to me. :yes::lol:

What does her indoors think about it...the truth now!!

But we all know you are a builder with a skanky old trannie, dirty newspapers on the dash amongst dodgy quotes, fags and empty coke cans.

Anyway, why cannot you pull up the back of your chavtastic joggy bottoms when you are working or is that for backside breathability? As for taste, well they can all make up their own minds now I've set the scene :lol::lol::lol:

Forgot to ask, how is bodgitandrun ltd, knowledge doing in the recession ? :lol::lol::lol:

How very dare you ???

I like the Victorian Mangle to the right but If I'm honest...as skilful as you obviously are.... the rest looks like a mess to me. :yes::lol:

What does her indoors think about it...the truth now!!

My Misses Adors it to be Honest its just a pastime i enjoy i ain't NO Builder it was my 1st attempts at anything to be honest

I Am going to knock down the pool hopefully this year or possibly next and build a Bigger one in the Ground to fill the one half of the lawn less Grass to cut :lol:

But we all know you are a builder with a skanky old trannie, dirty newspapers on the dash amongst dodgy quotes, fags and empty coke cans.

Anyway, why cannot you pull up the back of your chavtastic joggy bottoms when you are working or is that for backside breathability? As for taste, well they can all make up their own minds now I've set the scene :lol::lol::lol:

Forgot to ask, how is bodgitandrun ltd, knowledge doing in the recession ? :lol::lol::lol:

How very dare you ???

:lol::lol: No recession for us reputable Builders Malc....Ive even had to turn away Royaly recently...couldn't fit them in :no:

This is my last project...

post-427-0-30271000-1392849596_thumb.jpg

My Misses Adors it to be Honest its just a pastime i enjoy i ain't NO Builder it was my 1st attempts at anything to be honest

I Am going to knock down the pool hopefully this year or possibly next and build a Bigger one in the Ground to fill the one half of the lawn less Grass to cut :lol:

I only jest ....tis a fine effort. :yes: Not my bag though I'm afraid ... Malcs wife likes old follies though...she married one :yes::lol::lol: :lol:

:lol::lol: No recession for us reputable Builders Malc....Ive even had to turn away Royaly recently...couldn't fit them in :no:

This is my last project...

Not just follies but miniatures............So who built the other wing then?

Someone will be along with a back door gag soon.....

I only jest ....tis a fine effort. :yes: Not my bag though I'm afraid ... Malcs wife likes old follies though...she married one :yes::lol::lol: :lol:

Remember my old friend Groucho.... 'You are as old as ......'

Thats Cool Fisherman Mike my bro don't like it keeps asking when am i going to finish it :lol: wish i had your skills and Tradesman ship i just drive a 130 ton shipping crain for my sins and compare boxing shows I Love Blood n Snot as long as it aint Mine :lol::lol::lol: