Clothing and bigger people

kyska

Why is this? I have a great interest in the size of people, being closely attached to nutrition as a nurse.

It does seem the representative sample (in the context of clothing for sale) of this forum are of a bigger build, very, very rare do I see any clothing that would fit me!

Does shooting encourage the bigger chap as general?

I find it very odd, enough to make a poll, and if significant ask my new cohort of young aspiring nurses to think why!

I'm not talking about obesity in general, it just seems the xl+ is about the normal for sale on here.

Guest rimotu66

I tend to have the same problem, mind you being 5'4" tall 42" chest and 34" waist dosnt help :lol:

Having said all that I was at the Doc's today and he said I have 'excellent muscle mass' whatever that means :lol:

DO a poll Kyska, put me down for Large, although anything I buy in that size to fit my chest and weight is usually long enough to fit a 6' tall guy.

Edited by rimotu66

I tend to have the same problem, mind you being 5'4" tall 42" chest and 34" waist dosnt help :lol:

Having said all that I was at the Doc's today and he said I have 'excellent muscle mass' whatever that means :lol:

I bet you don't score well on the randomness of the BMI calculations! I hate it, I have to teach it, but don't advocate it, I'm about the same stats as you but 5'10" and a 32" waist, and because of this I miss out on such good offers on here!

(You not a hobbit are you?)

What would you call big?, I'm 5'11 1/2" 14 stone with a 34" waist . My bmi says I'm obese but my body fat ratio is good

See my comment on BMI!

Guest rimotu66

I bet you don't score well on the randomness of the BMI calculations! I hate it, I have to teach it, but don't advocate it, I'm about the same stats as you but 5'10" and a 32" waist, and because of this I miss out on such good offers on here!

(You not a hobbit are you?)

See my comment on BMI!

I have seen your comment, never had a bmi test although I do drive a BMW :lol:

And what is wrong with Hobbits? :whistling:

Hand on, how the hell is 5'10" and 32" waist the same stats as mine? :whistling:

Edited by rimotu66

Bmi is useless a lot of people don't take into account muscle mass. When my partner was pregnant she was being lectured to about her Bmi by people who needed to practise what they were preaching.

Oh yes, that's what I was saying, BMI is notoriously rubbish for pregnant people, and rugby players, and steroid a users (although liver function on the latter is interesting)

I have seen your comment, never had a bmi test although I do drive a BMW :lol:

And what is wrong with Hobbits? :whistling:

Hand on, how the hell is 5'10" and 32" waist the same stats as mine? :whistling:

Your BMI is = wt in kg/(ht in metres x ht in metres)= body mass index

Have noticed this on the FS forum actually. I'm 6'2", 42-44" chest, and 36" waist so I normally go for size large in most clothing. Unfortunately as other people have commented, this is not a common size on PW other sales threads it seems?!

My BMI always reads normal?! But I never trust that scale anyway.

Edited by simonix

I'm 5'11" 36" waist 44" chest I'm about 15 stone. I have a bit of a "beer belly" but most of my weight is from physical work/rugby lots of walking/shooting. BMI is a joke they lowered the limit for recruits for the army but most lads in the army would fail the same check.

I find that I need xl to fit my shoulders/neck but sizes are not consistent from one make to another anyway.

Guest rimotu66

So can anyone tell me why my Doc said I had excellent muscle mass when he examined me today, or was he coming on to me? :lol:

Ive been called many things, usually along the lines of fatty, stumpy, gnome and of course HOBBIT but never muscly

So can anyone tell me why my Doc said I had excellent muscle mass when he examined me today, or was he coming on to me? :lol:

Ive been called many things, usually along the lines of fatty, stumpy, gnome and of course HOBBIT but never muscly

Yes, it'll be a high(ish) BMI, but with a low calliper reading for subcutaneous fat if you are, to a word 'a bit buff'. It's common in people with large natural muscular build (mesomorphic build).

Guest rimotu66

Yes, it'll be a high(ish) BMI, but with a low calliper reading for subcutaneous fat if you are, to a word 'a bit buff'. It's common in people with large natural muscular build (mesomorphic build).

Its getting better, my doc says I have a excellent muscle mass and now you tell me I am buff :yay:

Ive never had a bmi test thought.

DO a poll Kyska, put me down for Large, although anything I buy in that size to fit my chest and weight is usually long enough to fit a 6' tall guy.

That's not big I was that size in the first year at secondary school big is 56 inch chest 38 inch waist and 19 stone

Deershooter