13,000 miles.

English archer

That's how long the tyres lased on the front of our Vauxhall Insignia, we need to have the second front tyre replaced tomorrow.

I posted about this on a car forum, and found that 13,000 miles is normal from this car in the estate version.

Glad I'm not paying for them.

It's a motability car.

Got a 2 year old Insignia with nearly 70,000 mile on it.

First set of front tyres did 26,000 and every set since have done between 12 - 15000 !

The rears are obviously better - only just on third set.

The interesting thing is that the tyre make has not changed.

Drive a Scooby mate they just eat tyres. I am told the big 4x4 Porche Cayane can do a set in well under 5k

Had a Subaru Legacy. 30K miles on the fronts and the rears still good for at least another 10K when sold.

Having said that, I always find that factory fitted tyres last longer than replacements. Do tyre manufacturers make better grades for car builders?

Got a 2 year old Insignia with nearly 70,000 mile on it.

First set of front tyres did 26,000 and every set since have done between 12 - 15000 !

The rears are obviously better - only just on third set.

The interesting thing is that the tyre make has not changed.

All tyres are not equal, the best tyres always go to the manufacturers, then there will be two or three other grades of the same tyre. That's why the original tyres always seem best. Front wheel drive and power steering eat tyres, if you want good grip in the wet you need soft tyres that don't last as long. IMO Yokohama and Pirelli are good tyres but they don't last.