chudleys dry food

jcbbracken

I used to feed mine on chudleys working crunch, and I they didn't have a a days work in them, I swap to chapel farm and they can all go a a full day out picking up now, seemed there wasn't enuff in chudleys, but that's just what worked for me your lab might be completey different

Guest rimotu66

Ive had my 4 year old Lab on Chudleys classic since he came off puppy food and he is fine with it, stools nice and firm, he has one cup in the morning and one cup mixed with 1/3rd tin of meat.

Its only 18 protein but hes still bouncing off the walls.

Apologies, mines on chudley original not classic.

Edited by rimotu66

I used to feed mine on chudleys working crunch, and I they didn't have a a days work in them, I swap to chapel farm and they can all go a a full day out picking up now, seemed there wasn't enuff in chudleys, but that's just what worked for

me your lab might be completey different

Lol

You felt your dog didn't have a full days work in them picking up

😂

Edited by sco_tish

i took my lab off chudleys because his coat was dull and flakey and put him onto skinners maintanace 18% protein

got 3 springers on Dr john's silver , coats good , poo's good , energy ( too ) good 18% protein

I feed my 2 Labs on Dr Johns, Silver & Gold when working hard - great coats :good:

I used to feed mine on chudleys working crunch, and I they didn't have a a days work in them, I swap to chapel farm and they can all go a a full day out picking up now, seemed there wasn't enuff in chudleys, but that's just what worked for me your lab might be completey different

Interesting because Chapel Farm is produced by Dodson & Horrell as is Chudleys.

Dr john's... Utter ****

Yet to find any complete dog food under £45 that can compete with raw food and pasta,brown bread etc.

In your opinion, I'd love to know how you can categorically state that as personally I've had a few dogs on dry food and I'm yet to struggle during a shoot day or have a dog that looked in poor condition or have one with a less than decent life expectancy. Mine are on skinners at the moment but the main difference is price over dr johns or chudleys and the only reason they are on it is due to having a 8 month old pup so for ease it and its mum are on the same.

Guest rimotu66

Dr john's... Utter ****

Yet to find any complete dog food under £45 that can compete with raw food and pasta,brown bread etc.

Really? My 4 year old Lab is 100% fine on complete, great coat, great teeth, nice quality stools :lol: and far to much energy even on 18% , be nice to know what you base your results on :whistling:

Dr john's... Utter ****

Utter ****

Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with Washerboys's opinion Will ??? My lab's do great on Dr John's & the young un is barely out of breath after a hard day :good: I am always getting comments on how fit they look & coat condition :yes:

ps, just minded about the DVD - will sort you out at Edenmill's if it's on this year

Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with Washerboys's opinion Will ??? My lab's do great on Dr John's & the young un is barely out of breath after a hard day :good: I am always getting comments on how fit they look & coat condition :yes:

ps, just minded about the DVD - will sort you out at Edenmill's if it's on this year

No bother Tam, I am disagreeing with Washerboy! Shoot is on at Edenmill again, 14th June, see you then.

I feed both my labs Chudleys, I think it's the original (blue label, £14.99). I have fed them others from the Chudleys range and didn't see any beneficial difference so went back to the cheeper one.

One is 8 and in great condition, the other is 1 1/2 and full of energy. I did change their food to some cheep stuff after the season. The young one wouldn't keep any weight on, I had to feed her twice as much as the Chudleys. Their breath smelled awful and the stools weren't great. Changed straight back to Chudleys and they are back to normal.

I only feed complete food and they are absolutely fine, both will beat all day long during the season and do all day 20 mile walks in the summer. Each to their own though.

Guest rimotu66

Difference is your working a gundog, see how many greyhound kennels run there dogs on Dr johns, wagg etc.

I couldn't keep a lurcher in the condition I need on that ****. Believe me yrs ago I tried

Maybe, but the OP's question was for his Lab, last time I looked Labs where gundogs :whistling:

Guest rimotu66

I think you are missing the point Washerboy, the OP asked for our thoughts on Chudley's to give his Lab, most replies are positive including mine but you came on slating it because it did not suit your long dogs or racing Greyhounds, you cant really compere the two can you.