which ear plugs or defenders??

As some of you will know I'm pretty new to the sport and recently had my first experience at a clay ground...(which was great I might add)! Anyway whilst there I was told that ear protection should be a must so wanted to know your opinions on what ear protection would be best.....I don't have a budget as I've no idea how much they start from but I did see the pair "Bakerboy" had which seemed very impressive but come with a price tag to match so before blowing a small fortune on them would love to hear from the PW members, thanks in advance, Harry.

A friend of mine regularly drives to work in his old defender 90 with full earmuff style protection. - he also has to see bungee cord between the doors to keep them closed.

On a serious note - I use the non electronic ear defenders on clays and busy shoots, an then the cheam foam style ear plugs when i'm just wondering with the dog and gun.

Hi,

This thread has been done to death recently on a Clay Shooting site. It would seem that if you want a reasonable set of electronic ear muffs (cans) then the Howard Leight variety off Amazon at around £45 are a good buy. If you require the moulded passive ear plugs then the Emtech at around £90 are very good. If you suffer from the ear defender hitting gunstock problem, then buy a box of the foam type plugs for around £20 per 100 pairs. Now sit back and wait, I am sure there will be many variations on the above, including cans where you can have one side green the other side orange, plugs that you can mould yourself and do not forget the electronic variety that you can connect your phone or music playing device to. You have not lived if you have not shot a round of skeet with some reggae banging in yer ears !

I have just had my moulds done for a pair fitted so i wont get the clunk every time i mount the gun dont have to take them off to talk and for the money there a good product there is another thread on ear plugs and there is a link on there for them i have gone for the passive with a filter

www.customearprotection.co.uk

nice chap comes out to your home and takes the moulds and within a couple of weeks you have your new ear protection

As some of you will know I'm pretty new to the sport and recently had my first experience at a clay ground...(which was great I might add)! Anyway whilst there I was told that ear protection should be a must so wanted to know your opinions on what ear protection would be best.....I don't have a budget as I've no idea how much they start from but I did see the pair "Bakerboy" had which seemed very impressive but come with a price tag to match so before blowing a small fortune on them would love to hear from the PW members, thanks in advance, Harry.

Plugs Travis Perkins, set of ten pairs about £4 on account. Chuck them after each use :good: If I am not in the field moving about (like sat in a high seat or practicing I wear a set of electronic muffs I have had for years( too sweaty to walk about in and another thing to ruin or carry out on the saltmarsh)