Clocks go forward this week time to get the bike out

chrisjh

I'm thinking about how he would've got out of there if he had suffered an injury. It's a nightmare job for the ambulance service.

Simple , you tie a rope around his neck and pull him out with the ambulance.

I believe old rooster has it right target fixation, or In the Harley world with some of them no idea what to fixate on apart from themselves.

Simple , you tie a rope around his neck and pull him out with the ambulance.

I believe old rooster has it right target fixation, or In the Harley world with some of them no idea what to fixate on apart from themselves.

Harleys are self governing, they can't go round corners very fast due to limited ground clearance.

Might be my eyes but i'm sure I saw an average speed camera on the footage?

I thought so too but bear in mind that none of those guys were actually going very fast. The helmet cameras give a false impression but if you look at fixed objects they are passing you get a better idea.

Average speed cameras are OK anyway once you know where they are, you go though the first one then "arry flatters" until just short of the next one where you stop off for a fag break. Or so they tell me, I don't smoke so couldn't do that.

"Twist of the wrist" Keith Code.................

All those in the vid could do with getting the book and DVD!!

If you look at the footage closely none of them are going fast and the guy that binned it had already made the corner he was exiting from. I've actually seen it happen in front of me due to a momentary lapse of concentration, that can be all it takes.

This one looks like target fixation on the oncoming car IMHO.

Looks like he panicked when he spotted the car and hit the brakes standing the bike up to me.

Looks like he panicked when he spotted the car and hit the brakes standing the bike up to me.

He was in the wrong place anyway, he should have been way over to the right on the way in, so that he could see around the bend and come out tight to the left. Instead he went in tight to the left and when the bend tightened he ran wide towards the centre line, panicked and stood the bike up. If he hadn't panicked he could have made it, just.

Yes, target fixation. Could have made that corner easily.

One of the first thing I tell the newbies is to go for the corner if they think they've overcooked it, most of the time it is doable or of it fails ends in a low side, whereas getting on the brakes will stand the bike up and often ends in a nasty high side.

It all comes down to the ability to make snap decisions which some just don't seem able to do.

Edited by old rooster

A good dose of motorcross early in the biking career generally imparts that ability to make almost an instinctive/instantaneous reaction or correction. This tend to avoid the reaction that you quite rightly point out here where he was too fixated, spotted the car, 'Carped it' grabbed a handful of brake, stood the bike up and ran wide/off.

I reckon without the off road riding that I did before I finally buckled and put a bike on the road, there are many situations where I would have been off.

A good dose of motorcross early in the biking career generally imparts that ability to make almost an instinctive/instantaneous reaction or correction. This tend to avoid the reaction that you quite rightly point out here where he was too fixated, spotted the car, 'Carped it' grabbed a handful of brake, stood the bike up and ran wide/off.

I reckon without the off road riding that I did before I finally buckled and put a bike on the road, there are many situations where I would have been off.

Did a fair bit of off road riding before getting on the road about 43 years ago, raced F2 sidecars and did a bit of twin shock trials riding as well as a fair few thousand miles on the road both here and right across Europe.

Had a few offs but learned from them all, let's hope the guy in the video did likewise.

Problem is it isn't like when we were younger anymore.

I cut my teeth on trials and motorcross on a patch of waste ground near my mums and everyone just let us get on with it.

Try taking a bike anywhere like that these days and see how long it takes plod to turn up!!

I did actually get done way back by the plod for riding me old Bultaco Sherpa 326 along an old disused railway line to get to the land where we practised.

I actually made the copper show me the charge in his little book of law and the charge was:

RIDING ELSEWHERE OTHER THAN ON A ROAD

I had to resist making the sarcastic comment of ''well obviously Ociffer, it is afterall an off road bike!!!'' :lol:

Looks like he got a bit carried away. Still, its a testament to motorcycle safety gear as it could of been a very different story.

i have to say i am quite surprised the car didnt hold back and check up on the situation. i know the person driving isnt to blame in anyway, just human decency would dictate hold back and check if a fellow motorist is ok.

I would have and when he came back up I would have sent him rolling back down ,I like bikes and use to ride them but any thing like that ,I'll stop there before I get into trouble with the mods

What would be the need for this type of behavior?

I agree totally with this, i have had a few situations where this type of experience has paid off. mainly loss of road grip and cars pulling out.

Looks like he got a bit carried away. Still, its a testament to motorcycle safety gear as it could of been a very different story.

i have to say i am quite surprised the car didnt hold back and check up on the situation. i know the person driving isnt to blame in anyway, just human decency would dictate hold back and check if a fellow motorist is ok.

What would be the need for this type of behavior?

I agree totally with this, i have had a few situations where this type of experience has paid off. mainly loss of road grip and cars pulling out.

if that was me in the car he would have put my life and the kids if they were in the veichle in danger ,wot would you like me to do shake his hand

if that was me in the car he would have put my life and the kids if they were in the veichle in danger ,wot would you like me to do shake his hand

+ 1 and if I had been driving the car i would have stopped and shoved his helmet cam where the sun didn't shine conscious or not..

Not at all, you'd have every right to be bothered too. Just sending him rolling down the hill again won't make amends to what happened nor will a police officer take too kindly to it. If your children were present, i am sure they wouldn't want to see their father in a confrontation.

+ 1 and if I had been driving the car i would have stopped and shoved his helmet cam where the sun didn't shine conscious or not..

Is it really worth it? You'd probably loose you licence/s depending on what you hold. I cant see assaulting a motorist in a fit of anger helpful in any way

Not at all, you'd have every right to be bothered too. Just sending him rolling down the hill again won't make amends to what happened nor will a police officer take too kindly to it. If your children were present, i am sure they wouldn't want to see their father in a confrontation.

Is it really worth it? You'd probably loose you licence/s depending on what you hold. I cant see assaulting a motorist in a fit of anger helpful in any way

to be fair I'm properly one of the most nicest guys you could meet ,would help any one and do anything for them if I could ,but when it comes to endangering my family ,no offence mate we all think and do things different

I don't think doing stupid things in confined to motorcyclists, on the whole I'd reckon more motorcyclists are the victims of moronic car drivers than t'other way around.

I drive cars and ride bikes so don't have any sympathy with anybody who causes grief to others by total stupidity, some accidents are caused my tiny momentary lapses of concentration which unfortunately we are all capable of doing, however proficient we are.

For me it is the ones caused by callous, often arrogant indifference to other road users that make me really seethe, we see far too much lazy and distracted driving, not necessarily at high speed that is just an accident waiting to happen.

Ideally there needs to be more accountability for those who cause accidents, injury and death by their poor driving/riding but I don't see it happening. When somebody can pull out of a side road without looking, while illegally using a hand held phone, thereby causing the death of another road user and avoid any sort of custodial sentence we don't have a hope in hell.