What you drinking ?

jonno 357

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to drink 6X, Fellinfoel, Butcombe and loads of other real ales, but one hot summer years ago I tried lager and I've stuck with it since.

The pub in the village does however have a beer festival in the summer and they have some fantastic beers on. It's after a few of these that I realise why I've changed to good old Carling Black Label.

In fact I can feel a thirst coming on now :D

:lol:;)

P.

Been, supped one off already and looking at the other 7. Might have been blown out for shooting tomorrow, so the question I have to answer is, have I enough beer? ;):D

4 bottles? Ok for 1st hour :lol:

Jonno

I think your maffs is suspect, pin had 8 bottles of beer, he drinks one, how many beers does pin have left?

I am pretty sure its not 4 :lol:

Have a look at www.badgerales.com

Can't recommend any of their beers highly enough, absolutely bloody superb, every single one of them. If you have a costco near you they are doing an incredible 16 bottles (4 each of Tangle Foot, First Gold, Golden Glory and Golden Champion) for £16

I'm a fan of Badger Ales... but I do prefer them in the summer months more, as they tend to be fairly floral, and during the colder darker months I do find myself drinking more winter ales / porter etc.

Pin have you tried any of the Hogs Back beers ? I think you would like them also.

Have a look out for "T.E.A. Traditional English Ale" Waitrose sell it... and I find their selection of ales better than most other supermarkets ;)

Have any of you tried brewing your own?

I did once, just down the road from me was a chemists ( Hornchurch Essex ) that sold home brew stuff.

So I thought I would have a go, they are not kits, you buy the hops, wart, yeast and cook it all up yourself.

It does not take long and I made some pretty good beers, porter, bitter, old English Ale.

I will have another go at it soon, I stoped due to making 5Gal batches and just drinking TOO much :blush:

Its a hoot, just do not try and make them too strong, it blows the flavour out.

Sick

I'm a fan of Badger Ales... but I do prefer them in the summer months more, as they tend to be fairly floral, and during the colder darker months I do find myself drinking more winter ales / porter etc.

Pin have you tried any of the Hogs Back beers ? I think you would like them also.

Have a look out for "T.E.A. Traditional English Ale" Waitrose sell it... and I find their selection of ales better than most other supermarkets :blush:

Yep have tried the Hogs, tip top but harder to find for me (mind I ain't tried all that hard).

My local Sainsbury's has a cracking selection of real ales, everything that's good really including bottle conditioned which is odd for a supermarket given the "risk" of a bad bottle. Shame they sting your for it though, unless you get offers they want about £1.90/bottle which is a bit pricy :blush: