lads shotgun

roadkill

I was skinny build 10 yr old once I started with beretta 20 bore semi-auto 26inch barrel and was perfect, Really got confidence up as low recoil and light. Not fan of semi's now though so looking back would probably go with a 20 o&u due to think their safer

The clay pigeon club up here have a few club guns for beginners to try and for a while kids had the option of a 12 bore over and under with light loads, 12 gauge semi or a single .410. Both the 12's tended to be too heavy and .410 was pretty hopeless for a beginner because by the time the kid had got it all lined up the clay was out of range. Last year the club bought a new webley and scott O/U 28 bore which has been a great success, it is light enough for them to handle themselves without the recoil, its a fantastic little gun and I know that once my lad has outgrown the .410 I will be getting a 28 bore........for him, honestly :whistling:

My Dad got me a gun for me to shoot when I was ready to turn 11. I was very skinny and not tall (I'm only 5ft 9 now), he got me a 12 bore and I was able to cope fine with it. Obviously a 20 bore will be lighter & easier to use but I wouldn't rule out a 12 bore.

Maybe see how he copes firing your 12 bore?

The clay pigeon club up here have a few club guns for beginners to try and for a while kids had the option of a 12 bore over and under with light loads, 12 gauge semi or a single .410. Both the 12's tended to be too heavy and .410 was pretty hopeless for a beginner because by the time the kid had got it all lined up the clay was out of range. Last year the club bought a new webley and scott O/U 28 bore which has been a great success, it is light enough for them to handle themselves without the recoil, its a fantastic little gun and I know that once my lad has outgrown the .410 I will be getting a 28 bore........for him, honestly :whistling:

Similar experience we do gear the clays to solve the 4.10 problem

+1 in this

And aister you won't be using it yourself ?

All the best

Of

I bought my ten year old, who is quite a big lad, a 28g Yildiz O&U with a 13 3/4" stock. I wouldn't use anything bigger personally, I have a 12g ultra light and even that is far too heavy for him to be of any real use with it.