Shot whilst fishing.

Could it be just a 'hate' thread from the other forum, a bit of a made up story just to provoke a reaction?

It is a shame people can't enjoy there sport without the risk of this but I do sort of agree with this in a certain way being a 'hate' thread, straight away branding them as polish, in this case there both Latvian names, the poles do seemed to get the blame for everything these days.... People

Just presume anyone Eastern European is polish?

I shoot a local carp lake and a few years back, had a walk round with me dog and noticed string tied to bushes and sticks in the margins (about ten around a 20 acre lake) Pulled them all in, all had beak type 2/0 size hooks on end and some had short length of bungee cord too. No bait on any as resident crayfish probably ate it. Told bailiff who upped security. Not blaming anyone but prior and afterwards caught many Eastern Europeans swimming, having BBQs even a couple and their two kids having a soap up! I don't think any self respecting Carp would have went for such crude methods!

Fair enough if it is a genuine issue. I really don't think the nationality is relevant, but i appreciate a lot of people feel very strongly about that. Just reading all the responses it is apparent that the nationality is mainly what is picked up on.

I agree it is a depressing reality that there are scumbags who would do this kind of thing.

Why is it always a friend or mate of someone at work?

Anyone got any news coverage!

I'm not going to eat my hat but doesn't sound right.

Any coppers on here have a feel for this story.

If your saying these eastern Europeans fish like cormorants then sadly your right, drunk sometimes get in a scrape probably.

Treat some wildlife badly and over here in vast numbers .

If its true lock em up then sent em home, if it's just anti Polish then vote UKIP!

John.

Eastern Europeans are something of a problem in the uk where angling is concerned. UK course anglers put fish back and generally buy tickets/licences, Eastern Europeans on the whole tend not to do either.

Fair enough if it is a genuine issue. I really don't think the nationality is relevant, but i appreciate a lot of people feel very strongly about that. Just reading all the responses it is apparent that the nationality is mainly what is picked up on.

I agree it is a depressing reality that there are scumbags who would do this kind of thing.

Eastern Europeans are something of a problem in the uk where angling is concerned. UK course anglers put fish back and generally buy tickets/licences, Eastern Europeans on the whole tend not to do either.

Well said.Theres enough beer cans on my local drain bank to start a recycling depot :no: .Personally witnessed eastern euros leaving there cr.p everywhere,and no im not a nazi!just speak the truth.Im sure they are not the only ones to leave rubbish,but they are the worst,its not that hard to take your barbies/beer cans home is it?

Really? Presuming you shoot, you would really (potentially) sacrifice your licence for the sake of a fish in a bag? ????

SCUMBAGS..ive had a scuffle with a few of them and will continue to do so as long as i see dead pike in plastic bags. :ninja:

Had quite a few run in's with the EE when out fishing and walking....they just dont understand the rules.... :innocent: