Spot of pigeon shooting from today 14/6/2014

Guest stevo

Guest stevo

Hi all ,

Just thought I would share with you some of the footage from today’s pigeon shooting foray , I didn’t put the cam on for the first half of the session as it was drizzling rain for a couple of hours and I didn’t want to get it wet as I didn’t have the waterproof case with , forecast said NO rain !!
I was shooting over spring rape , started off with just two dead birds on a magnet and went from there , I was using my trusty NSI prima #6 in 28 grm and a few power pigeon just to try out , however the prima just had the edge in my opinion .
I have also decided that I need a barrel cam , as I just can’t stand wearing the cam on my head , I end up missing sooooo much footage it’s starting to give me the right hump !

Anyway I hope you enjoy what there is

p.s at 58 secs not sure if you can see it , but its 2 birds shot but 3 very quick shots .

Here the link

Regards stevo

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

Great video again , do you edit a lot or do you not miss much !, I am guessing its the later.

I don't tend to miss too much when there like that . Thats not ment to be a big headed reply .. they all fairly text book shots .... as in the not that hard . Theres plenty on here im sure that could do better .

Stevo

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

thank you chaps .

like I say I just need to find a better way of mounting cam , I spent most of last night looking at different options , but everything I come across needs to be customised in some way shape or form , cant seem to just be able to buy the thing im after , the closest thing I can find is a handle bar mount , but that means the cam will be facing the wrong blooming way ! , im thinking I will just have to buy something along those lines and get someone to customise it for me , im useless at stuff like that :-)

Guest stevo

Another great video Stevo.

Nothing i like better than to sit down with a coffee and watch one of your's or one of Motty's pigeon shooting video's.

Keep em coming !

Me too im looking forward to seeing Mottys Video too , I know he said he got his cam sorted out so fingers crossed there will be some Vid's up soon , I have watched his last one time and time again , to the point I could tell you whats coming next ! haha

Edited by stevo

For the purposes of viewing your videos you should try to let the birds in closer than the 90m distance they are shot at. Motty's are the same. He too sees a bird coming over the next field and shoots it at great distance.

Oh to be as talented as you two.

Are you thinking of mounting the camera on the barrel ?.

There are some vids on you tube of pigeon shooting with the camera mounted in that way.( Shootingandmore.com are one who record that way). Because the camera is well down the barrel, the movement on the camera during the mount and swing is far more than your head moves, and judging by the excellent quality of your shooting you don't move your head and eyes much once locked onto the bird, other than to follow it and shoot. I think that the perspective you get when watching is better from the head cam rather than the barrel mounted cam. In addition to the fast swinging movement from a barrel cam you also get the tinny hollow ring from the action down the barrel. I prefer to listen to you and Motty laughing at the good shots and cursing at the misses.

Whatever system you choose make sure you keep the video's coming, they are an absolute delight to watch !.

Guest stevo

Another good video and more good shooting. I dare say that's not the last video we will see from that field.

your not wrong , I be back there soon enough , I think there spraying it off today

Another great video and top shooting Stevo, thanks for sharing.

Good to see the A400 performing well.

Can't wait for the birds to come back to our area, I was shooting every week without fail, ever since I bought my A400 I've been out once on the birds and fired just 5 shots!!

Guest stevo

Another great video and top shooting Stevo, thanks for sharing.

Good to see the A400 performing well.

Can't wait for the birds to come back to our area, I was shooting every week without fail, ever since I bought my A400 I've been out once on the birds and fired just 5 shots!!

cheers mate .

Blimey 5 shots !! That sucks :-( im sure it wont be long before your knocking them down . That was the first propper days pigeon shooting ive done for months

Stevo

Guest stevo

And here's me thinking that all I have to do is to buy an A400 and the pigeons come flocking in to it. Silly me.

Haha if only it was that simple Jdog . Buying an A400 is one thing . But you have to look good with your A400 ...... I spend more on hair gel these days than cartridges ;-)

Stevo