Finding out who's just hit and run on my car...

majordisorder

Has it damaged it scratches dents? Ect.

And where were you parked any CCTV in shops ect.

If not and you have no whiteness, sorry mate you not going to get anywhere and hopefully you can just polish it out.

There some idiots about!

One of those dent magic type companies may have a computer that can match it, they may get the make from that?

Ah, good idea, I'll track one down.

Has it damaged it scratches dents? Ect.

And where were you parked any CCTV in shops ect.

If not and you have no whiteness, sorry mate you not going to get anywhere and hopefully you can just polish it out.

There some idiots about!

Just a majorly scuffed bumper, thing is I'm pretty certain from my detective work so far that it's someone in my village but there are a load of similar colour cars. It's beyond a polish job though....

Is there a commercial service available to find the make / model / year of car from a bit of paint?

Some th_angry27.gif has just hit my car and driven off leaving a nice smear of greeny / blue paint behind.

Don't know about commercial but the police won't help.

I had a car written off about 6 years ago, a neighbour got most of the number plate, I pieced together the headlight fragments and took them to a scrapyard, they told me the make, model and year, I took that to the coppers and the response? "No one was hurt or killed, claim on your insurance, we're not wasting time and resources on that."

Sorry mate, you're stuffed because you're innocent. Mind you, if you find the plick and thump him you'll soon be locked up.

Never found the guy who wrote mine off on new years eve a few year back! Got the incident on CCTV, guy clips the speed calming island and loses the back end! Spins full 180 and slams into the F/N/S of my 406. Bumper, Bonnet, Wing, Inner wing, suspension and headlight. Sat in his car dazed for about 7 seconds then just drove off :no:

Police were not bothered! I had a few fragments of silver grille and bumper from the offenders car! Done the rounds locally as I believe it was a drunk returning home! Found nothing.

Gutted was an understatement as my.GF bought me the car, and it was in mint condition.

My wife's car was hit in a supermarket car park, by the car that was still parked next to it when we came out.

So I took loads of pictures and we went back inside to see the manager and to look at the cctv. The cctv only covered the shop front not the car park, so they put out an announcement on the PA for the driver,on reflection not a good idea.

They never came forward so we hid in the car park where could see both cars. After an hour we gave up but the manager stayed on watch for a bit longer.

All this was presented to her insurers who pad up in full with no loss of no claims, so it isn't always bad news.

We've had similar in the past.

Years ago my Mother had parked her Fiesta in the Village Hall Car Park whilst shopping. Came back half an hour later and found damage to drivers side. A Rep had been doing paperwork and saw what happened. He gave my Mother the registration and type of the car that drove off and his details and when the insurance company got involved it was all sorted.

Unfortunately when I found white paint along the passenger side of my car there was nobody sitting watching!

Good luck in your quest for the culprit.

Do some of you honestly think police have the resources to forensically check every damage only collision that happens in this country?

That sort of time and effort is reserved for investigations where people have been killed or seriously injured and quite rightly so.

Also consider private cctv on houses in the area as this is more common now.

Askmid.com

I think there / or there used to be a way of checking out cars from the party is insured- it's a start I guess that you could take to the Police as driving uninsured def gets their attention- especially if couple with 'Failing to stop' after an accident or something like that?

A couple of years ago I witnessed an old Volvo trash the back of a Lexus in a supermarket car park. I left my number and the volvo registration at the customer services desk and was called by the Lexus driver. A few days later the Police called me and I was asked to come into the local station to give a statement.

Turns out the Copper had been round to the Volvo drivers house and the chap had denied it was him (GP too!!). Never did hear anymore after giving a statement.