Topics

welshwarrior

There are areas of the forum not accessible to non members, including I would expect this kind of thing. I will find out which areas are locked off so you can post it there without having to worry about it being regurgitated on other forums.

Yes the news monkey from shoot clay reports them on what basis I do t know but drives traffic from there here...... Bit daft really

Not really. The two sites serve different markets, although with some overlap. Sharing content is a good marketing position for a strong market leader. Matt who owns ShootClay has said before that it does members good to be reminded there is a world outside. Leastways, that's the gist of what I remember him posting.

Hi there... matt from Shootclay here.

Posts from PW (just the clay shooting section) are posted as headlines on my site, As I say in the description on my forum, PW is one of the most respected sites out there and I am happy if members of ShootClay come and join PW as a result.

There is some overlap, but there are also alternative topics and info that are worth sharing. My view is that our sport needs to be MORE together, not less.

I am not in competition with anyone, I hope we ALL make it.

EDIT - that said, if the mods/owners here want or ask me to switch off my news feeds from here, then I will of course. (I also take feeds from CPSA, ISSF, CA etc)

Edited by mattr

Matt

I think that is fair I just got a bit confused when I guy booked some lessons with me with the PW discount on talking during the lesson I ask what handle he used on here, his reply "oh I'm not on pigeon watch got info off shootclay forum as a link".

He was then unhappy to pay the full cost of a lesson, lead to an awkward conversation and him getting the hump at a ground I use most days, not great.

Edited by welshwarrior

Hi there... matt from Shootclay here.

Posts from PW (just the clay shooting section) are posted as headlines on my site, As I say in the description on my forum, PW is one of the most respected sites out there and I am happy if members of ShootClay come and join PW as a result.

There is some overlap, but there are also alternative topics and info that are worth sharing. My view is that our sport needs to be MORE together, not less.

I am not in competition with anyone, I hope we ALL make it.

EDIT - that said, if the mods/owners here want or ask me to switch off my news feeds from here, then I will of course. (I also take feeds from CPSA, ISSF, CA etc)

Did you not seek permission first?

Nope... Content from this sub forum is published on an RSS feed, which is a publicly discoverable format.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss

My site only republishes the headline, which means that anyone who wants to read the thread, has to come to this site... And therefore drives traffic and potential members to this site. my site gets no gain...