Pastafarian seeks firearms license

aris

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/06/19/16/36/pastafarian-guy-albon-wears-colander-in-gun-licence-photo

A South Australian atheist who successfully had his gun licence printed with a photo of him wearing a colander on his head has been forced to undertake a psychological test to prove he is fit to own firearms.

Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/06/19/16/36/pastafarian-guy-albon-wears-colander-in-gun-licence-photo

h9SShf4.jpg

I quite like how the Aussies have a proper 'card' for their license.

Often thought they would be a good idea, should be like driving licence and have a paper copy which you get your purchases entered on.

New Zealand have the plastic card too

...though I don't know what you mean about a paper copy - no such thing there.

Show the card, choose your gun(s) - sale entered in the dealer log book - walk out of the shop

At renewal time in New Zealand the police can ask what guns you presently own.

You can tell them "that's private information" without fear of reprisals...

SOME countries license the shooter, some license the gun - guess which one we all have to put up with?

I was referring to the fact that you get 2 copies of your driving licence, a photocard and a paper back up. If your fac was the same you could have a photocard to carry about with you and the paper version for making purchases.

Edited by toontastic

& I was referring to the fact that no purchase entry is made in N.Z., so no need for an extra paper copy.

But it's probably never going to happen here in the foreseeable future, so bringing in a photocard fac to carry when out and about is the first step in that direction.

Aussie humour

I would have thought it much more appropriate for the person who issued him with the license to undergo the psychological evaluation to determine if he is fit to assess a candidate’s suitability, don’t you think?

You will probably find this is the only one that they have picked up on so far, in time, knowing the Aussies and their sense of humour what this guy has on his head will be a mild example of their eccentricities!! I wonder what the assessor had on his??

If I recall correctly, someone in Austria(?) successfully defended a court case to be allowed to pose for his driving license photo wearing a colander on his head, as he classed it as "required religious headgear" as a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I was referring to the fact that you get 2 copies of your driving licence, a photocard and a paper back up. If your fac was the same you could have a photocard to carry about with you and the paper version for making purchases.

Not a back up licence only valid as a complete set! And if photo out of date so is paper licence ....

If they could do it properly I would welcome it but they can't !

will you be supplying the colanders ?

suppose i could if donations in the pasta bowl are sufficient to allow. Do you think I would need to buy in bulk? Would I need a different colour to the other ordained Pastafarians like the Catholics do with the Biretta?

I'm starting to think I have too much time on my hands (and beer in my blood stream)

suppose i could if donations in the pasta bowl are sufficient to allow. Do you think I would need to buy in bulk? Would I need a different colour to the other ordained Pastafarians like the Catholics do with the Biretta?

I'm starting to think I have too much time on my hands (and beer in my blood stream)

My biretta is the same colour as everybody elses..........