Rolf verdict

Ricko

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still dont and cant understand how the main prosecution comes from a woman who was it seems according to the jury abused and then went on to have a consensual relationship as an adult, sorry does not sit right.

KW

still dont and cant understand how the main prosecution comes from a woman who was it seems according to the jury abused and then went on to have a consensual relationship as an adult, sorry does not sit right.

KW

Do some reading up on the mind games and the tactics that abusers use then maybe you'll understand a little more. Just because someone had a consensual relationship later on doesn't negate any abuse on that same person before. Nor anyone else.

Yeah, you've got it. It's a fit up job. I expect they all did it for the compensation. The police would have been in on it, CPS too.

Well done....slow hand clap. :no:

look not saying he was fitted up at all, what I am saying is how the hell does a person who was 7 or younger at the time come up with the exact statement of others? 34 years or more later,surely the questioning must be leading? or are we to scared to think that perhaps the rush to prosecute after many decades have past and the claim culture we now live in are not linked in some way?

KW

the rush to prosecute after many decades have past and the claim culture we now live in are not linked in some way?

I think it's a lot more complicated than that and these things are best left to experts. One thing that has changed is the culture that victims of abuse are actually listened to nowadays rather than told they're "being silly" or "making it up for attention" which is what they got told in the "good old days."

On the point you made earlier, just imagine if your daughter was sexually abused by some bloke when she was a little girl, and he then manipulated the situation so that she let him keep on with it as an adult. How would you feel about it? Is he coming round for Sunday lunch any time soon?

No, didn't think so.

Having grown up in the 70s it feels like all the people you watched on the box back then messed with children, all most as if it was a normal thing to do, it is obviously horrendous for the victims but you feel betrayed by these celebs because you felt that you knew them from back in your own child hood.

Having grown up in the 70s it feels like all the people you watched on the box back then messed with children, all most as if it was a normal thing to do, it is obviously horrendous for the victims but you feel betrayed by these celebs because you felt that you knew them from back in your own child hood.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm just glad I never wrote that letter to Jim'll Fix It. It would have only been the start of it....

kdubya raised a valid point, but got patronising replies.

If it is a matter best left to experts, it is hard to see how anyone can criticise kdubya - doesn't seem to prevent it though.

A valid point that it's OK to abuse children then go on and have a sexual relationship with them as an adult? Don't make me laugh. Since when did you become his minder? Can't he fight his own battles or has he got to have you to do it for him?

Pathetic. :no:

A valid point that it's OK to abuse children then go on and have a sexual relationship with them as an adult? Don't make me laugh. Since when did you become his minder? Can't he fight his own battles or has he got to have you to do it for him?

Pathetic. :no:

Oh I CAN fight my own battles mate, and I can see things and rationalise them for myself thank you.and I will say it as I see it like it or not, in this case we have a dedicated team doing the prosecution, a team that have had a good kicking in the past and a team determined to "get a conviction" I will wager that in years to come a ludivic kennedy type journalist will have some of the yew tree cases "re-examined,"

KW

Hmm, yet you ignore the point I'm making that you have difficulty understanding why childhood abuse is unacceptable if the person goes on to have a relationship with their abuser as an adult. I suggested you do some research.

I am a bit sorry for you that you find it hard to understand that though, truth be told.

Is your position on the other elements somewhat influenced by your dislike of the police? It might be.

Hmm, yet you ignore the point I'm making that you have difficulty understanding why childhood abuse is unacceptable if the person goes on to have a relationship with their abuser as an adult. I suggested you do some research.

I am a bit sorry for you that you find it hard to understand that though, truth be told.

Is your position on the other elements somewhat influenced by your dislike of the police? It might be.

Oh dear no its nothing to do with my like or dislike,its my strange inability to understand why 12 people waited 34 or 35 years to make a complaint? 1 or 2 yes I could see that being covered up but 12? hard to believe, that and the fact that in this case the daughter of the convicted person actually said one incident did not happen as she was there! so is she being done for perjury?

If he has done it then he deserves what he gets , and yes a jury found him guilty, my concern is they made a decision based on the "evidence" they were presented with, and just how that evidence and case were made, as once you have a team looking at achieving goals and sad sickening things like child abuse becoming almost a KPI then I worry.

KW