Dangerous dogs and proud

gazbev

Controversial but true....I'm afraid in 95% of these cases of ownership of said dogs, the dogs have a significantly better developed intelligence than their owners who are predominately Neanderthal.

You see them walking their dogs in the middle of a winter Blizzard with a "look at me Im hard " Tee shirt on...shaven head and tattoos and walking as if they have something solid stuck up their backside and dislocated shoulders...

Tell me Im wrong.!

You are not wrong. Having spent time owning American Pit Bulls, and helping to prosecute the types of brainless thugs you will see on this program, I find it hard to understand how we allow these people to own a corgi let alone a pitbull.

In my opinion, Pitbulls, and the other notorious breeds should be kept only by those people who can demonstrate a need, or who are of such solid characters, that they are beyond reproach. Having a pitbull in a seventh floor council flat along with a three year old and and a baby is a recipe for disaster as we have already seen time and time again. There will of course be another story of a child having its face removed by a pitbul or similar within the next six weeks as the kids are on holiday and the chavs are on the ****. The tragedy is that it will take more deaths, of more innocents before the government will wake up and take action. I bet none of the thugs with these dogs would qualify for a FAC!

As I mentioned earlier-I have owned and trained American Pitbulls myself, predominantly for use in boar hunting on our estate in France, but despite having the dogs from puppies, and them being frightengly effective, they became unruly and dangerous to almost anyone, and incredibly unpredictable. I ended up destroying both animals when it became apparant that they were both attempting to become top dog and depose me. I kid you not.

All dogs should be treated with a degree of respect, they are, afterall, animals, not humans. Any dog will snap if sufficiently provoked or frightened, they are hard wired in many ways and to say, about ANY dog- 'he wouldn't hurt a fly' is naive in the extreme.

Just my thoughts.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West mids1987 you are quite right any big dog could do the same damage but most big dogs that are not fighting breeds don't have the same aggression.

Just come back from B&Q and seen a young womon late teens trying to hold two fully grown Dog de Bordeauxs, as a older lady with a little shnuazer type dog was walking towards her and her two dogs, the lass could not control them and was struggling that much the lady and her small dog ran a cross a duel carriage way to get away and get past. I nearly stopped the car and asked the young lass if she wanted a hand to hold the dogs,as it's a busy road. Only the dogs calmed down as the other one was dragged over two lanes.

The dogs were not snarling or anything just wanted to get to the other dog but she couldn't hold them, why take them out if you can't control them.

I agree that it's the owners at fault with these dogs but how can you stop idiots buying them.

Figgy

Agree with most of what you say,if you cant handle a dog properly you shouldnt have one,guess im bias as i have a staffy that hasnt shown any aggression towards human,child,baby,dog,cat,rabbit hamster but maybe its the way ive brought her up,unfortunatly for the mastiff type breeds their seemingly becoming more popular as staus symbols,guess the reason alot of breeds arn't as popular with scum as staffys is the price.

I can think of a few bigger, stroger and more muscle toned breeds then staffys but fortunatly for them they are mostly bread by responsible breeders hence have a high price tag which puts then out of reach of most scum so their reputations remain untarnished. Unlike the staffys where you can pick one up for a couple of pints and pack of ciggies.

I wast having a dog at the lass saying she has them for the wrong reasons, as I wouldn't know but I think they will be her parents dogs. The poor lass was in danger of getting hurt herself with the size and power of them.

Been brought up with dogs all my life from very powerful German shepherds from German stock imported.

Mates had Staffies others Dobermans and and Rottweilers all in the seventies eighties and all were very good dogs, not vicious played with other dogs well. Not the same as some of the things you see now, been bred from bad highly aggressive dogs to get even more aggressive dogs, that's what needs stamping out.

Figgy

Again, it's not an easy one to sort out. As I've mentioned before, when you have kids you tend to see things in a different light, but when mine were very young we were walking down town one day and met a bloke whom I knew (perfectly nice bloke) with his Rottweiler on its lead. It hadn't even occurred to me before having kids but as we passed I realised that if that thing got off its lead and went for my kids, neither of them would stand a chance and there'd be very little I could have done about it. I mentioned it to my other half and she said what was the point of owning a dog capable of killing someone, and that people shouldn't be allowed dogs like that without them being muzzled. Fair enough from the point of view of a parent with small children, but I, while only owning a small dog, but admittedly quite capable of inflicting nasty wounds and perfectly capable of killing a baby, have also a cabinet full of guns to which some people hold in the same regard.

The same laws which allow me to choose to own guns also applies in the choice of others to own dogs, even potentially dangerous ones.

The 'dangerous dogs act' however, is a farcical piece of legislation on a par with the knife act and introduced for the same reason ( to placate media led outrage while cynically knowing it would prevent no deaths) with equally the effect...... zilch.

Edited by Scully

I expect the show will be full of spiked collars, harnesses, bandanas, Rocky's and Tyson's...and God only knows what the dogs will be like!! <_<

Personally, I think they're such bloody ugly dogs I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to own one.

They're like the Shane MacGowan's of the canine world. :yes:

If you set your dog on someone there is now no difference to using a gun on them charge is murder now under dangerous dogs act changes. If your dog kills someone without being set on them its manslaughter. Got an e-mail through just the other week from the cops explaining it

If you set your dog on someone there is now no difference to using a gun on them charge is murder now under dangerous dogs act changes. If your dog kills someone without being set on them its manslaughter. Got an e-mail through just the other week from the cops explaining it

I suppose its a start, but should also be followed up with gbh and abh style charges aswell. They dont always kill but inflict massive life changing damage.

These programs wind me up as they select exactly the sort of muppets who shouldn't own the breed, yet never show the type of people that can and do own them responsibly. Then you get idiots jump on the bandwagon and slate the breed rather than the cretins that miss treat them.

Just to point out there has been a few topics on her about collies and spaniels that have bitten or are getting alittle aggressive.

John

all dogs bite thats a fact but its only the certain few that make the headlines....

my mates cocker spaniel nearly had the postmans fingers off the other month, had it been my dogs that would have done it i'd be front page of the sheffield star that tea time.

Its a shame but the damage is done the genuine owners will be tarred with the same brush as the idiots that viewers will see on monday night.

These programs wind me up as they select exactly the sort of muppets who shouldn't own the breed, yet never show the type of people that can and do own them responsibly. Then you get idiots jump on the bandwagon and slate the breed rather than the cretins that miss treat them.

dont suppose it was hard to select a "muppet" just look for the breed and then its probably a certainty the owner "will fit the bill"

KW

Just to point out there has been a few topics on her about collies and spaniels that have bitten or are getting alittle aggressive.

John

If I had a bite from a collie I reckon I could cope with it, but a bite from a pittie or staff type dog etc now that's an entirely different matter, anyone for reconstructive surgery please.

KW

dont suppose it was hard to select a "muppet" just look for the breed and then its probably a certainty the owner "will fit the bill"

KW

careful who use tar with the brush, we're not all muppets who own them !

( and no , im not threatening people, im mearly saying open your eyes, we're not all bad )

Edited by rich1984

If I had a bite from a collie I reckon I could cope with it, but a bite from a pittie or staff type dog etc now that's an entirely different matter, anyone for reconstructive surgery please.

KW

and your right a collie more than likely would do less damage but I'll run u over with a Toyota aygo then run u over with a Astra... U see the point I'm making u was still run over just by a bigger heavier car it isn't the point there is a pair of staffs round my way both lovelie playfull dogs and there's a snappy lab that's a absolute misery and actully walks over sniffs a dog and growls and occasionally tired to bite and on more than one occasion now it's got a good slap round it's face when it comes to my drive to growl at my mums dog and the owner has been warned it ever bites her it will get its *** kicked right back over the road and into her house.

My point is any dog can be aggressive or dangerous just some dogs have traits which are more desirable and more able of causing damage.

John

Funny how some ppl on here seem quite reasonable in some matters,but mention staffys or pittbull and they become as ignorant as LACS are with our hobby/sport/job, you would think those involved with guns would be more open and less swayed by daily mail reporting,o well i own a staffy with a 3 year old and 3 week old so must be on for a prize for worst dad of the year

Edited by westmids1987

Funny how some ppl on here seem quite reasonable in some matters,but mention staffys or pittbull and they become as ignorant as LACS are with our hobby/sport/job, you would think those involved with guns would be more open and less swayed by daily mail reporting,o well i own a staffy with a 3 year old and 3 week old so must be on for a prize for worst dad of the year

upto now , it's me and you in the running..... ive got tattoos, shaved head and a 17 month old !!

Equally one could say that there are others who come across as rational in every other way till it comes to dogs! then they will defend through hell and high water the right to own a ticking time bomb.

KW

Equally one could say that there are others who come across as rational in every other way till it comes to dogs! then they will defend through hell and high water the right to own a ticking time bomb.

KW

" ticking time bomb " your a joke mate !, fair enough some have scum as owners but some don't.

do you own a dog ? if so what is it ?????????

Got tattos but no shaved head yet,but sometimes i do 31mph in a 30 do i win?

no way do you win....... I've got 9 points this year alone.........

yes to all the haters, that's tattoos, 2 STAFFORDS, shaved head, 9 speeding points, and I LOVE stella !

KW

Will defend the right to own a fantastic family dog till the day i die,unless you have owned a staffy which i doubt, i think i am in a more reliable postion to judge the breed then your good self,no such thing as a ticking time bomb,unless your talking about sudden onset aggression?funnily enough staffys arn't known to suffer this?