SCOTLAND

four-wheel-drive

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you in politics , put your money where your mouth is ,it is common knowledge police scotland want a purge on firearms ,this is an example ,now scotland will be used as an excuse for other forces to follow ,but as you dont want to accept what I can proove you are no better than Salmond with the ostrich approach ,again put up or

If I understand correctly, Gordon is more than willing to put his money where his mouth is, the only thing stopping him is that you are talking about betting on the alleged outcome of a completely different event.

Back on topic though... I've missed Farage's comments this morning, can anyone tell me where I might find them?

If I understand correctly, Gordon is more than willing to put his money where his mouth is, the only thing stopping him is that you are talking about betting on the alleged outcome of a completely different event.

Back on topic though... I've missed Farage's comments this morning, can anyone tell me where I might find them?

who pulled your chain ,

This quite taken from the BBC was interesting and I think sums it up objectively...

Spain's Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy warmly welcomed the Scottish "No" to independence.

"With their decision, the Scottish have avoided the grave economic, social, institutional and political consequences that would have resulted from its separation from the United Kingdom and Europe," he said.

"They chose between integration and segregation, between isolation and openness, between stability and uncertainty, between security and a real risk, and they have chosen the most favourable option for everyone, for them, for the rest of the British citizens and for Europe."

Only because the Spanish Government are worried about Catalonia wanting the same.

This quite taken from the BBC was interesting and I think sums it up objectively...

Spain's Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy warmly welcomed the Scottish "No" to independence.

"With their decision, the Scottish have avoided the grave economic, social, institutional and political consequences that would have resulted from its separation from the United Kingdom and Europe," he said.

"They chose between integration and segregation, between isolation and openness, between stability and uncertainty, between security and a real risk, and they have chosen the most favourable option for everyone, for them, for the rest of the British citizens and for Europe."

Only because the Spanish Government are worried about Catalonia wanting the same.

Obviously. I've posted on this a few times, I think objectively though the statement is rather true. Spain technically won't find itself in the same situation though, unlike England, Madrid has ruled that November's referendum in Catalunya is illegal and would be ignored. To the tune of the Kaiser Chiefs... I predict a riot!

For those like myself who missed Farage's statement... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11108465/Nigel-Farage-England-ignored-in-Scottish-independence-debate.html

Obviously. I've posted on this a few times, I think objectively though the statement is rather true. Spain technically won't find itself in the same situation though, unlike England, Madrid has ruled that November's referendum in Catalunya is illegal and would be ignored. To the tune of the Kaiser Chiefs... I predict a riot!

For those like myself who missed Farage's statement... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11108465/Nigel-Farage-England-ignored-in-Scottish-independence-debate.html

Should that not read UK or Britain?

I got bored of your bickering and the cause was so simple, you had just misunderstood the point to which Gordon was doubting.

ok can you say the rest of britain if regional powers are granted, and as in scotland a left wing region controls a regional police force they will not use scotland as an example to clamp down on gun owenership ? This is the point I made and I have proof it has already happened in scotland ,it was to warn fellow scottish voters {salmond is extreme left wing }what would happen if a yes vote prevailed and to warn fellow sportsmen what to expect if the new regional powers in the uk adopt the example of scottish goverment even before the vote

Edited by graiglearn

History has been made today, despite 3/4 of the Union not being involved and whilst it may suggest no change, I think the price to pay could well be in Scotland and the benefit to England.

Politics may have woken up in Scotland, probably for the wrong reason but I get the feeling the others will have something to say about the chronic mismanagement of all this. Farage isnt such an idiot and of all, he seems to be sensing the mood in the remaining 3/4.

History has been made today, despite 3/4 of the Union not being involved and whilst it may suggest no change, I think the price to pay could well be in Scotland and the benefit to England.

Politics may have woken up in Scotland, probably for the wrong reason but I get the feeling the others will have something to say about the chronic mismanagement of all this. Farage isnt such an idiot and of all, he seems to be sensing the mood in the remaining 3/4.

3/4? Try 9/10.

To put the record straight, and following a pleasant interlude with flashman. the only person from Essex in my family is me, Maldon born and bred and having read most of the post's on here can say that the majority from the english have been un-pleasant and racist. I am ashamed to call myself an Essex man (although I love Essex), Some have said great banter, well my definition of banter is that its a good humoured exchange of ideas, not a one sided racist rant. Jeez its no wonder that half the scots want independence.

Didn't realise you are so thin skinned.

Perhaps Mumsnet will be more to your liking?

Havnt seen a single racist comment on this thread just some scots moaning about english rule and the english getting fed up of hearing it.

Its not our fault you have gingernuts :)

Does anybody believe that the Scottish freedom fighters aren't having a pop at the English?

All this talk about "Westminster" bullying them and "Westminster" spending all "their" oil money is disingenuous - they don't like it that Parliament sits in London and tries to balance their demands with those of Wales, Ireland and the England itself.

Does anybody believe that the Scottish freedom fighters aren't having a pop at the English?

All this talk about "Westminster" bullying them and "Westminster" spending all "their" oil money is disingenuous - they don't like it that Parliament sits in London and tries to balance their demands with those of Wales, Ireland and the England itself.

Why is it 'their' oil anyhow? It belongs to the nation. They didn't earn the oil, it did not come about due to enterprise. It happened to be in the ground in their locality and it benefits the whole of the UK. I wonder if there would have even been a referendum if they didn't happen to have oil on their doorstep.

Should that not read UK or Britain?

No I quite meant "England", but "London" would have been a far better choice in hindsight. I simply meant the "government" from a geographic perspective.

ok can you say the rest of britain if regional powers are granted, and as in scotland a left wing region controls a regional police force they will not use scotland as an example to clamp down on gun owenership ? This is the point I made and I have proof it has already happened in scotland ,it was to warn fellow scottish voters {salmond is extreme left wing }what would happen if a yes vote prevailed and to warn fellow sportsmen what to expect if the new regional powers in the uk adopt the example of scottish goverment even before the vote

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about and I don't say this to be antagonistic.

A lot of English, Welsh and Northern Irish are fed up with Lib/Lab/Con sitting in the "Westminster Bubble" too. They dance too much to the EU's tune me thinks.

I think it's a complete joke.

The vote has been about a 'United Kingdom'. With a 'no' vote Scotland will still have free hospital parking and no tuition fees, England won't. More powers devolved to Scotland will mean they may have different tax levels to England. Cameron has spoken of devolving powers throughout the rest of the kingdom, i.e Wales and Northern Ireland.

What's united about that.

In the meantime we're still governed by Brussels. ??? ??? ???

Mumsnet you must be joking never seen such a vile spirited site you need kevlar skin to look on that site.

I would like to see free education across the board or not at all. Dont like the moaning the scots do then look at my daughter and realise she will never get the chance as we cant afford it

Edited by pimpkiller

Why is it 'their' oil anyhow? It belongs to the nation. They didn't earn the oil, it did not come about due to enterprise. It happened to be in the ground in their locality and it benefits the whole of the UK. I wonder if there would have even been a referendum if they didn't happen to have oil on their doorstep.

Good point, there probably wouldn't have been one. Definitely an element of "there's oil near us so let's grab it, nationalise BP and have it all to ourselves and be rich!!". Not a particularly nice attitude when you consider how they became part of the union back in 1707 when England essentially bailed them out after the Darien disaster, but hey that was a rather long time ago. Personally, I'm relieved they aren't leaving the UK and I'm hopeful recent events will be a catalyst for politic change. Regardless of the result, it's got a lot more people interested and discussing the politics of this union and that surely can only be a good thing.

No I quite meant "England", but "London" would have been a far better choice in hindsight. I simply meant the "government" from a geographic perspective.

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about and I don't say this to be antagonistic.

so you stuck your oar in on something you have no idea what it relates to and your not antagonistic ,just like to up your post counts ? :innocent:

Mumsnet you must be joking never seen such a vile spirited site you need kevlar skin to look on that site.

I would like to see free education across the board or not at all. Dont like the moaning the scots do then look at my daughter and realise she will never get the chance as we cant afford it

And there is the rub - fundamentals should be the same - education e.g. (cost per head the same) the bits around the edges should be varied - like the police, Procurator Fiscal etc etc. My child is lucky enough to be doing a PhD but has a massive debt and more than likely will (hopefully) be an asset to the country she was brought up in.