OMG!!! Found a tin of chocolates!!! bonus!

KFC

Looking for something else and I found a a big Mars tin. Thought it was full of old string, screws and things that will come in handy one day.

Popped the lid and it's full of chocolates. Bite size Mars, Snickers, Bounty, Twix etc!!!

Can't for the life of me remember who gave it to me but I remember I stuffed it in the cupboard because my wife had joined weightwatchers.

She's just popped down town to do some shopping so I need to check they're still edible. Nom, nom, nom.

Better than finding a fiver in an old pair of trousers!!! :good: :good: :good::lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone else found some treasure lately?

Looking for something else and I found a a big Mars tin. Thought it was full of old string, screws and things that will come in handy one day.

Popped the lid and it's full of chocolates. Bite size Mars, Snickers, Bounty, Twix etc!!!

Can't for the life of me remember who gave it to me but I remember I stuffed it in the cupboard because my wife had joined weightwatchers.

She's just popped down town to do some shopping so I need to check they're still edible. Nom, nom, nom.

Better than finding a fiver in an old pair of trousers!!! :good: :good: :good::lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd be mortified, you can't have enough string and old screws.

Had never seen my Grandad on my Dads side as he died in 1939 when my Dad was 12. Clearing out some stuff after my Mam died 18 months ago and came across a bag of old photos I knew I'd seen many a time, but having a gander through came across loads I'd never seen, including one of my Dad aged about 10, with his twin brother, his elder brother and sister, his Mam and lo and behold, his Dad, my Grandad ! They were all posed upon a motorbike and sidecar combination, all looking very dapper in their Sunday best.

My Parents honeymooned on the Isle of Man. My Dad, being a true romantic, took her there and coincidently the TT was on! He was mad keen on bikes and they went everywhere together on whichever bike he owned at the time; couldn't afford a car back then, mid 1950's. I mention this because although I've seen dozens of their honeymoon photo's, I found one I'd never seen before of my Dad and Mam sitting astride a big Velocette ( I think ) looking very smart; my Dad in his baggy pants and jacket with white shirt, and my Mam in a long pleated skirt and thin cardigan. But as if this wasn't enough of a great find for me, in the background is a majestic Sunderland Flying boat.

Sister also found some letters my Dad wrote to my Mum when they were courting and he and his twin were stationed in Berwick Upon Tweed and then Salisbury in 1945. Sister has read them but I haven't; doesn't feel right somehow.

the wife bought me a tin of heroes yesterday, and then proceeded to share them out to our friends and family at the bbq, cow!

Go down the shop and get another one. Then hide it and don't forget where you have put it. Gun cabinet is a good place then you can have some every time you take the gun out. :)

A few years ago i had a good clean up of my fieldsport related cupboards. Found a lot of fly tying hooks, a box of 20 bore cartrtidges, expensive spiining lures, a pair of wax proof leggings still wraped, 2 tins of pelletes, plus quite a few other bits and pieces it was worth a look!

Cheers

Aled

You do realize that I'm going to have to go out and buy a tin of Celebrations now! I've got the munchies just thinking about you with your munchies! :oops:

On a happy note, I found 5p on the way home from the post office. I think I'll invest it for my old age! :lol: