Best Rimfire rifles?

WeihrauchPower

What company are the best producers of a mid to top end rimfire rifle?

Moving from shooting air rifles to the rimmies what are the best?

In the air rifle world (in my opinion) Weihrauch/Theoben make the best recoiling rfiles, Daystate/Air arms pneumatics!

Everyone seems to own a CZ, i hear they are good? I could go on about others. I know there are always alot of good manufacturers, but i want to know who are the best in your opinion.

Are Anschutz the kings?

:blink: :lol: :blink:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What company are the best producers of a mid to top end rimfire rifle?

Moving from shooting air rifles to the rimmies what are the best?

In the air rifle world (in my opinion) Weihrauch/Theoben make the best recoiling rfiles, Daystate/Air arms pneumatics!

Everyone seems to own a CZ, i hear they are good? I could go on about others. I know there are always alot of good manufacturers, but i want to know who are the best in your opinion.

Are Anschutz the kings?

:lol::lol: :blink:

Hi I have an Anshutz .22 semi auto with Pecar 4x85 sight and parker hale mod, its a superb bunny bonker, its never given me any probs and didnt cost the earth, good luck with your search :blink: D2D

Anschutz, Anschutz, Anschutz :good::good::good:

If you have any doubt look at what the top olympic shooters use. Don't see CZ anywhere in that lot! Admittedly they are good and excellent value for money, but if you want the best and money is no issue it has to be Anschutz every time! :good:

For the money you are paying your get alot more out of a CZ they are great rifles Anschutz are better but your paying double the money while not nessecarily getting twice the good gun. CZ's are the perfect gun for hunting they dont cost an arm and a leg but they give great quaility and great accuracy and will do everything a good hunting gun should.

They were not made as competition guns and arent that some can be made very accurate and can compete with Anschutz but by and large thats not what they're made for thats more luck than anything.

:good:

CZ with high quality glass on top.

Yes ,in .17 hmr.............if your wanting the .22lr then a sako finnfire get's my vote but they are no longer made as they have been replaced by the SAKO quad which has a few teething problems judging by the amount of ones returned for modifications or ammendments

I wanted a Anschultz but had a CZ instead ..........I have never regreted that decision

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...;p=249139

Anshutz would be the best target rifle, CZ is more of a knockabout hunting rifle.

Although I own a CZ and very happy with it, I am not blind to the fact it isn't the 'best' rimfire which is what the original question was. They are very good value for money, but as Lurch says they are a bit agricultural.

Having said that, if I if I bought my 22 again, I would either look out for a good secondhand Finfire, or get another CZ - 16" ABS and the one with the black barrel not the nickel finish.

:good:

CZ with high quality glass on top.

Anschutz with fairly good scope.

Going to have a look at some Sako models as well!

Ideally you should go split your budget from 50:50 to 60:40 on scope and rifle...if you buy an Anschutz and put poor glass on it you might as well buy a CZ. At the end of the day I think you may have answered your own question...you can't afford an Anschutz with your current budget. :good::good::good:

I went into the shop to buy a Cz 452 but made the "mistake" of picking up Anschutz 1517 with a thumb hole stock that the gunshop had in stock.

I was never going back after that, a much higher quality piece of kit than the Cz and I love it.

Just ordered a Zeiss scope to go on top of it, fed up the crappy Hawke one I have at the moment