Best Rimfire rifles?

WeihrauchPower

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't feel loaded, why spend a fortune on it? I could go out and spend 1k+ on a rifle if I wanted to. I have a reasonable rate of pay, and live with my dad rent free. Still buying a CZ though, because it can out shoot me! I got a Leupold 3-9x40 for a good price, but if I hadn't spotted a bargain I'd have bought a Simmons. All these rifles will out shoot 99.9% of us, so why make yourself skint over a knats **** worth of accuracy? Just my opinion :good:

You can buy a Fiat Punto that will do 100 mph and an Aston Martin/Ferrari/Bentley etc that will do the same.

There is no argument that the others are better than the Punto - they are better designed, better finished and you have a pride of ownership of having the best.

Now I'm not knocking Fiat Punto's - as I said before, I've had CZ's, Anschutz and Sako's.

If you want a Punto, then fine. But don't pretend that you don't get what you pay for......

Don

For one how many olympic standard target shooters use CZ? None.

How many of us are olympic standard? :good:

If someone is very accurate with one rifle, why change it only because of the name on the side?

It is not about how many of us are olympic standard, however if you ever fancy a day on the range let me know :good:

If you put Michael Schumacher in a Skoda he would never win a race, It doesn't matter how good you are if your equipment is no good.

I am quite sure that put an Anschutz and a CZ in a test rigs and fire 100 rounds through easc you would see where the money goes.

For one how many olympic standard target shooters use CZ? None.

How many of us are olympic standard? :good:

If someone is very accurate with one rifle, why change it only because of the name on the side?

It is not about how many of us are olympic standard, however if you ever fancy a day on the range let me know :good:

If you put Michael Schumacher in a Skoda he would never win a race, It doesn't matter how good you are if your equipment is no good.

I am quite sure that put an Anschutz and a CZ in a test rigs and fire 100 rounds through easc you would see where the money goes.

That is a fair point there Martin

just wondering why noone has mentioned ruger? the 10/22 is the most popular rimfire ever made and the 77 doesn't seem bad?

i have a 10/22 semi 22lr sound mod scope etc its the dogs for rabbits :good:

and have had the ruger for 13 years now

and then i got .17 hmr cz :D ruger has not been out the gun cabinet for sometime :good:

thats not to say it wont when its time for some cheap bunny bashing tho :good:

cheers kirky

ps you dont need to spend loads to enjoy a good level of shooting :good:

WHAT A READ, :lol::lol::lol:

RUGER 10/22 BEST EVER :P???:lol:

Lets Face it Chaps, What is the point in buying a ferrari / austinmartin when legally it can only go 30mph in a 30zone and at max it will only go 70mph legally. :o Why skint your self when you cam buy a nice car that will do the job you need it to do, Would you buy a gold hammer to knock a nail in just because you could afford to???

To be honest I dont think that we can define "BEST RIMFIRE RIFLE" given the description of the topic, BEST WHAT, Value for money, best hunting, best target, best olimpic, IMO the best is= the gratest result you can get out of the equiptment you can afford without that equiptment limiting your abilities,

I have just spent £600 on a ruger 10/22 custom :oops: No Doubt in my mind that I could have shot as many rabbits or got a better grouping on a paper target with a £280 CZ, You are saying to yourself why didn't you then, I'm asking myself the same Question :oops::lol::lol:

Buy what you can afford and what you feel comfortable with.

there are Hundreds of people on here praising CZ, They cant all be wrong. :)

Kipper :unsure:

I have a cz varmint .22 and my old man has an anshutz thumbhole. The anshutz is an outstanding rifle is arguably better than the cz BUT it is twice the price and in terms of accuracy there is nothing between them. Both rifles will out shoot 99.9% of the people using them. It all comes down to how much money you have to spend really.

Going back to the original post then my comment is this: The Anschutz Thumbhole is far suuperior to the CZ without question or argument. Half the CZ owners on this forum go on about CZ's being the best, but in all honestly they dont own 100% complete CZ's. They've replaced the trigger, bedded the stock, replaced the stock, etc.

I have seen a 1417 Thumbhole produce 1/2" groups at 100yards successfully and succesively. I have never seen a standard CZ or even a custom CZ do this. I am not saying that the CZ is a terrible rifle and that it will never shoot, it will. But as far as quality goes, CZ rimfires leave alot to be desired.

Comparing a CZ to an Anschutz is like comparing a Skoda to a BMW, both will get you from a-b and back, but one has refinement and feels better to drive.

....scratch.....scrape...."anyone seen my tin hat?"........ :unsure:

Not quite true when you say all factory ammo, my Anschutz hates Remington yellow jackets but loves Winchester?

Just because remington doesn't suit your barrel doesn't mean it won't shoot better than you can.

I use to use Lapua Master "M" and was scoring fairly well, I changed to Eley Match EPS and my scores improved almost overnight. I may gain another point or so by batch testing Eley Tenex but I do not consider it worth it.

I don't put any other than eley through mine. :unsure:

At the end of the day you have to be happy with your decision as that too will effect your shooting...it's an important one, but if you have a hint of doubt that the Anschutz really is the best available - you have to buy one as otherwise your shooting will be worse because of that niggling doubt.

that stock deadeye ive looks a lot nicer than standard been looking at the varment and american myself might do the varment stock myself if i buy the varment over the american as i have 3 rimfire slots comeing i can buy both :o

Martin

That stock is one of three that livens (RFD Burton )have ONLY ever seen on a CZ to that quality of timber ...........Most are planks so don't order without seeing first

My honest opinion is had i had £500 I would have bought a Anshuzt no question about it but only because a CZ to me was a cheap tacky and as someone has already mentioned a bit agricultural .Basically the stigma attached put me off them ..............Now when I saw my particular rifle priced at £265 I took a gamble and I'm glad I have .............It's a shame none of the gang have an anchulzt so you could compare mine to it when we next hit the range at Garlands :unsure:

To be honest I dont think that we can define "BEST RIMFIRE RIFLE" given the description of the topic, BEST WHAT, Value for money, best hunting, best target, best olimpic, IMO the best is= the gratest result you can get out of the equiptment you can afford without that equiptment limiting your abilities,

I have just spent £600 on a ruger 10/22 custom :o No Doubt in my mind that I could have shot as many rabbits or got a better grouping on a paper target with a £280 CZ, You are saying to yourself why didn't you then, I'm asking myself the same Question ???:oops::lol:

Buy what you can afford and what you feel comfortable with.

there are Hundreds of people on here praising CZ, They cant all be wrong. :lol:

Kipper :unsure:

Well i've made my decision!

It's not final, i'm still wondering why Savage or Marlin didn't see to be mentioned

Thanks for all the replies guys!

It's hard for everyone to agree as obviously everyone has had their own experiences. Some may think there gun is the best, but haven't tryed another brand.

I'm going to go for Anschutz! :oops:

Savage and marlin aren't that same quaility guns at all lots of plastic parts CZ's are all steel and built to last

Lots of people on here doggin CZ's how many of you have shot them Anschutz might be better but not by any means of what you are sugesting

My CZ .17hmr will shoot half inch groups at 100yards only problem with it i had was barrel channel needed a bit of a sand and some work to the trigger obviously with the anschutz you get this from the factory but i dont fancy paying an extra 150 pounds for someone else to do this for me i like the tinker with my guns and get them to shoot rather than buying a gun straight from the factory makes it more personal

Anyway you anschutz guys arent going to agree but the figures speak for themselves and CZ's are a very good gun dispite what you think about them.

Big problem with CZ's is quaility control at the factory you just got to pick your rifle when buying to get a good one thats something you have to accept with a cheaper gun quaility will vary but the good quaility ones are exactly that.

Go out and shoot a CZ before you start condeming them

Lots of people on here doggin CZ's how many of you have shot them Anschutz might be better but not by any means of what you are sugesting

I don't think anyone has put the CZ down at all, quite the opposite. They offer very good value for money. As I said before I own a Sako but in my experience I would certainly say the Anschutz is a much better quality rifle than the CZ. I am not saying that the CZ cant shoot or indeed wont last but its not as good quality wise and that was the question.

my theory on this is you get what you pay for. i myself am a tight wad and am gonna buy a cz to try first and see how it goes from there also i dont need a target rifle i need a work horse built well enough to last id be upset if i spent £700 on a gunand a few hundred on a scope and scratched it or dropped it in the fieldso for a starters gun dont think ya can beat them in that aspect :P

I think that Anschutz make a better quality gun from what I've read about them, but CZ are very good too. I'm not sure I'd want to be paying so many extra pounds for the little extra you get with them unless I was shooting serious competitions with the gun. Out in the field, you wont be getting perfect shooting conditions to maximise either guns potential.