.410 Fun in the Fog ;-( 15/11/2014

Guest stevo

Evening all

Well I had BIG plans for today , thought I would have another go with the .410 Hushpower …alas it was not to be , still had a good day though and a respectable bag ,got up this morning , looked out the back door and thought “ im havin it “ so I loaded the van up and off I went , pulled up on a usual half decent flight line , got set up with a few decoys ( some of each ) wasn’t quite sure what the day would bring as I knew this was some bad weather on the way at some point , so the crow and pigeon decoys went out in a totally mixed , random pattern . As there was next to no breeze at all they were facing in all directions.
Seemed to start off well for the first 45 mins then seemed to die right off , as I was sitting there watching the world go by and the hint of fog coming in , I could make out a fair bit of activity in the distance ( crows) , so I waited for another 20 mins and thought sod it and packed off and headed over there , it was on some drilled wheat , and I would say there was about 75 -100 crow and pigeons on it , so I set up as quick as I could ( same set up as before ) well ****** me half hr later the fog rolled in thick and fast , well I sat it out , and as soon as the fog lifted , it came back again , buy lunch time-ish it had settled down to a perfect overcast day , I thought nice one . and then at 2pm the neighbouring game shoot decided it was time to start haha , buy this time I thought I would just pack up as the noise from that shower of **** was like being in Normandy in WW2 haha :innocent:

Still on a plus side im getting the hang of the little .410 hush power . :good:

Finished the day for 51 mixed birds

Some footage from the day ( well 4 hrs )

Hope you enjoy

Stevo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrejkcNtgC0

Edited by stevo

great video, you are probably better than me with your 410 then I am with my 12g :lol:

thanks everyone .

hmmm I don't know about that lol I certainly wouldn't want to compete with a 12 G

I wanted to stay longer and have a couple more hrs with the 12 G just to remind myself the defences ( if that makes sense but even though the day was sort of ruined by the game shoot , I don't think I would / could have stayed much longer , when that fog rolled in it was FREEZING , I only had a thin sweatshirt thing in the van to put on , to put under my jacket :rolleyes: , I think it may be time to dig out the thermals .

Edited by stevo

You have really got the measure of that Hushpower, the tighter chokes let you take things at a greater range than most imagine.

It definitely is a "confidence" thing.

I imagine your videos will increase the sale of Hushpowers, you should contact The Saddlery & Gun Room at Westerham for sponsorship. ;)

thank your for your kind comments Cranfield , however I think they would just laugh me out of the shop haha , nice thought though , I could maybe ask them for a brand new one FOC :good:

Really enjoying your vids, you certainly put me to shame and I'm using 12 bores :rolleyes: I'd like a hushpower but can't help but feel it's a bit of "bad workman blaming his tools" inmy case :whistling:

Still trying to guess where you are roughly too - I'd guess top of town or Waddington / Brant Broughton way so far :lol: I'm the other end of town, between skelly and north scarle

Really enjoying your vids, you certainly put me to shame and I'm using 12 bores :rolleyes: I'd like a hushpower but can't help but feel it's a bit of "bad workman blaming his tools" inmy case :whistling:

Still trying to guess where you are roughly too - I'd guess top of town or Waddington / Brant Broughton way so far :lol: I'm the other end of town, between skelly and north scarle

hello mate , yeah im waddo area . your about 15 mins from me

and thanks for the kind words

stevo

Great shooting and enjoyable vid as usual Stevo.

Can I ask where you found the cross bars for the hide from as I reckon they're very useful ta

P. T

thank you ,

I got them from pinewood , there designed to be side supports , but I bought them to use a roof supports , I always have a roof on my hide so for that job there perfect , I don't if they will fit other types/bands of pole as they clip together on the pinewood type .