1991 p.berreta s686 special

Sean100uk

As above any one recommend this gun or should I stay away it's in excellent condition multi choke 28 inch barrels he wants 700 for it I have found other ones and they are around 900 any advise will be great and by the way it fits like a glove and you would never guess it was made in 1991

I have one just like Scully. I shoot clays every week with a chap who has a new (18 months ago) Silver Pigeon. The quality of my 686 is way better than the new ones. The component parts are better finished, the barrels better blued, the wood is better, and the gun feels better. It fits nicely with a 25mm pad, and It feels good to shoot. I would rather keep the 686 than swap it for a new one, even if the new one had multichokes.

If you get one then be aware the recoil pads for newer ones have a pip around the screw hole to locate them better on the end of the stock, but the dimensions are the same so you can juyst trim the pips off. I'm about to swap my pad for one identical to the one adorning my 20 bore Urika, so they will fell the same.

I would have no hesitation about buying a 686 such as you describe, providing always that the condition is there. Maybe get it checked out by a proper gunsmith?

Good luck

It's from a gunsmith/shop I i did buy it can't wait to try it out just can't belive for a 21 yr old gun the condition it's like a brand new one you would never see some of these cheaper ones last that long can see why you all keep saying go for a better make one lol