One legged gold crest!

Underdog

I have fed song birds in my garden for over 25 years and have had birds with one leg , the last one a few months ago was a starling , spoke to a friend who does bird ringing for wildlife trust and he said its from people using plastic nets for bird feeding , the plastic is strong and thin cuts right through song birds legs , so it may not be your photography in question .

Well spotted firstly UD. I have only ever seen one up my way and then it was flitting through an edge.

So your one up on me with this little fellow.

It does appear to only have the one leg on the first image.

GG :good:

They are a cracking wee bird and can be unbelievably tame.

I had one at the MILs and twice i walked along this woodside and he followed me,flirting post to post along side me and the dog.Only seen them during the winter and they always look very fragile.

i managed to get some really close pics on my mobile which are not good enough to show last year ,they seemed to be eating miniscule insects 6ft above my head in a fir tree they came every day , as for being well fed i think its more like fluffed up because of the cold ,great pics though