PW CATTON RIFLE SHOOT WEEKEND 2ND/3RD MAY 2015.

SPARKIE

Yeah there is a few photos and a video done of firing up some of these modern computerised cars !!! 30+ year old landy 2 --modern cars 0

Robson green laughed .... extream fishing !!!

Lol, was good to meet you and your lad mate, thanks for the help with the motor lol,

Robson Green has taken up shooting now lol

Had a good craic with you Scott, thanks for starting off the shanty style/ traveller vibe lol

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to chat with you Leadeasp, nice to know guns are just a sideshow to others too

Same here fella - good to meet a fellow 'hunter' too (or should that be 'trapper'??) :innocent:

Mad1's lad was a very slick operator with a .22............didn't notice that banana mag Mad1 slipped past us though....sneaky!

Edited by LeadWasp

Same here fella - good to meet a fellow 'hunter' too (or should that be 'trapper'??) :innocent:

Mad1's lad was a very slick operator with a .22............didn't notice that banana mag Mad1 slipped past us though....sneaky!

Yeah that was the only chance I had against him !!! And to be fair he hit the target more using the 5 shot mag than I did with the 25 shot !!!

Yeah he loves the weekend and everything shooting related ... he loved the long range stuff too ....

You leave my mate Rob alone, hands that dirty built this country with blood sweat and tears. Show me a job Rob wont volunteer for, and more than likely make a bloody great result of too. Rob is an Englishmen who now has his onwn portable shed. I bet the rest of you real men ot there dont have a Kitchen sized Stihl saw in their utensil drawer!

Fruitloop I salute you, a real Englishman, a Gentleman and a man who gets the job DONE!

To right Robs a great chap and I won't hold being English against him.

Eye candy for Landy enthusiasts

Fruit Juice's 'hut'.

Breakfast is coming - I think...

Tikka T3 22/250 and Remmy 700 .243

Him

And him

The young sniper. One of the best junior shots I have ever seen. Keep at it lad.

What's going on?

The firing line

It pays to advertise!

The quiet man - Nice to meet you

A gun

A blue gun

Concentration

The young sniper has had a hard day.

How a truck should look.

How mine looks...

post-24191-0-75193500-1430855793_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-39455100-1430855861_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-08245800-1430855940_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-12052100-1430856023_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-79960500-1430856131_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-20872100-1430856218_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-86686200-1430856286_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-10786600-1430856379_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-50371500-1430856450_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-38207500-1430856508_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-90705200-1430856581_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-73265800-1430856692_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-20336700-1430856761_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-26530000-1430856826_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-28996700-1430856931_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-37307700-1430856997_thumb.jpg

post-24191-0-37680700-1430857047_thumb.jpg

That's when my camera told me it had run out of memory.

This was due to me not having emptied the memory before I left home.

Sorry the rest of you.

I think this was a fantastic weekend. The 'team' do an enormous amount of work to ensure that we all have an enjoyable time. Next year I think there needs to me a bigger effort to help lay things out and clear everything away afterwards. PW members should not all disappear after the shooting is done with but help clear the site.

A big curse to the idiot who put a bottle in the camp fire. A smaller curse to the several who put beer cans on the fire. They were all picked up later.

More litter around than I would have expected too. It was all cleared and the site had nothing worse than flattened grass when my son and I left the next morning.

Events like this are hard to come by. Shooting on a site like this with relaxed rules and common sense expected are rare in this day of Health and Safety. Thank you for this to Carl.

Organising a day like this, admin wise, takes a lot of effort. Thank you for this to Sparkie.

Providing hot water for almost 24 hours a day was pure genius. Thank you for this to Fruitloop. (And the banter and p*** taking).

Safety and self discipline in the shooting area was excellent. Thanks to all of you for this.

We really are a lucky lot of rifle enthusiasts to have these events offered to us.

Roll on 2016 Catton Park Rifle Shoot weekend.

That's when my camera told me it had run out of memory.

This was due to me not having emptied the memory before I left home.

Sorry the rest of you.

I think this was a fantastic weekend. The 'team' do an enormous amount of work to ensure that we all have an enjoyable time. Next year I think there needs to me a bigger effort to help lay things out and clear everything away afterwards. PW members should not all disappear after the shooting is done with but help clear the site.

A big curse to the idiot who put a bottle in the camp fire. A smaller curse to the several who put beer cans on the fire. They were all picked up later.

More litter around than I would have expected too. It was all cleared and the site had nothing worse than flattened grass when my son and I left the next morning.

Events like this are hard to come by. Shooting on a site like this with relaxed rules and common sense expected are rare in this day of Health and Safety. Thank you for this to Carl.

Organising a day like this, admin wise, takes a lot of effort. Thank you for this to Sparkie.

Providing hot water for almost 24 hours a day was pure genius. Thank you for this to Fruitloop. (And the banter and p*** taking).

Safety and self discipline in the shooting area was excellent. Thanks to all of you for this.

We really are a lucky lot of rifle enthusiasts to have these events offered to us.

Roll on 2016 Catton Park Rifle Shoot weekend.

Have to agree with all that you have said Grandalf, and after seeing those photos I feel I should hand over the title of "official photographer" to your capable self for next year.

here here gandalf thankyou.....

on a lighter note stumfelter i beleive you need to change your sig to

2014 Catton clay shoot runner-up

2015 Catton clay shoot runner-up (******** kept nicking my clays)

here here gandalf thankyou.....

on a lighter note stumfelter i beleive you need to change your sig to

2014 Catton clay shoot runner-up

2015 Catton clay shoot runner-up (******** kept nicking my clays)

You would have nicked more if you weren't too tight to buy proper ammo and had to keep hand racking the beast! :yes::lol:

Cheers for a great weekend to all concerned. Really liked the lay out, the targets and the simulated game shoot was just like the real thing - even down to getting birds directly overhead poached :lol:.

Not many events where you can shoot all day, met up with old friends, and make firm new ones over a few beers. Really appreciated.

Special thanks to Blunderbust for driving again and doing my share of the cooking Sunday morning :blush: , also to Flynny; mate, your help in finishing off that stubborn bottle of Bells was invaluable.

See you all again next year I hope. Since the old Enfield drew so much interest, the .740 front-stuffer may come out next...

You would have nicked more if you weren't too tight to buy proper ammo and had to keep hand racking the beast! :yes::lol:

thats what happens when ya get carried away nicking everyone elses birds with a semi auto....lol i went through 150 carts lol

Cheers for a great weekend to all concerned. Really liked the lay out, the targets and the simulated game shoot was just like the real thing - even down to getting birds directly overhead poached :lol:.

Not many events where you can shoot all day, met up with old friends, and make firm new ones over a few beers. Really appreciated.

Special thanks to Blunderbust for driving again and doing my share of the cooking Sunday morning :blush: , also to Flynny; mate, your help in finishing off that stubborn bottle of Bells was invaluable.

See you all again next year I hope. Since the old Enfield drew so much interest, the .740 front-stuffer may come out next...

Yup, and then leaving you to shoot the hard ones I couldn't haha. :-)

Special thanks to Blunderbust for driving again and doing my share of the cooking Sunday morning :blush: , also to Flynny; mate, your help in finishing off that stubborn bottle of Bells was invaluable

Any time mate, just make sure it's a single malt for next year lol, it was better than that Morgan spice rubbish my gay lord mate was supping lol

Was good to meet you mate, here's to meeting new friends, shooting, fires and single malts for next years bash, chin , chin

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Definitely coming on the 17th so will see you there!

Any chance I could put some target boards out at ranges so I can do some 'work' on me loads? I only have military ranges round me and they don't like expanding up them!

Edited by LeadWasp