Lyalvale Express Pigeon Power

Has anyone tried these yet?

29g No6 shot in plastic.

My mate gave me a box to try last week and I was really impressed. He bought 500 to try for £85 which is very reasonable in todays market. The shells come in red which is my favourite colour for a cartridge being I use a semi auto, as this makes them easy to find. They have a reasonable size brass cap which is always nice, you know how shallow us men are :)

The first thing that struck me (or not) was the lack of punch on the recoil compared to the usual 30/32g shells which I have been using of late. My gun is pretty good on absorbing recoil, but these felt like I was using an air rifle. The second was the bang, noise levels were also noticeably quieter than the Clear Pigeons or the Dianna's I've been using. I didn't shoot big numbers, plus I used some Clear pigeons after these so I can't comment on how clean or dirty these leave the barrels.

I don't remember the spec off hand but they seem like a pretty fast load, and as the birds decoyed in they didn't need too much lead. Decent stopping power was had, and I managed to drop a few rangey birds which were dead in the air; In fact I only need to dispatch two birds of the 24 I picked up which is a decent ratio in my books.

Just thought I'd put this up in case anyone comes across them, they are a very good cartridge in my opinion, and at a very good price. I will be stocking up on these for sure.

Cos

Edited by Cosd

if you mean these, then yes

cart_zpsiw45ixqo.jpg

picked up some 32grms and felt like I'd been in the ring with tyson, so got a slab of these to try,I'll second what you said above

Not those.

These are pretty new out and are called Pigeon Power, and they are in plastic 29g 6's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Searched and found this thread. As it's a tad dated, is the consensus opinion that these are half decent still valid? Was thinking rooks and have found some at a decent price.

Many thanks.

Edit: have just noticed their absence from the Express web-site

Edited by wymberley