Daytime called fox.

Norrie

Hiya, Had a call this morning from one of my farmers, he'd seen a fox sniffing round his chicken sheds...so, went over to have a look see,....got there about half one this afternoon.......there's still snow on the ground, and plenty of tracks about so, decided to walk round the farm...after half an hour, I spotted something about 300yds away, it was a fox..so, decided to try calling it in....using my BestFox call ...it worked and the fox just trotted over the ground towards me, it was def on a mission, and at about 100yds, i took the shot, using my .222, 50gr softpoint homeload, it dropped dead in its tracks..a pretty decent Dog Fox...took the tail off it, as a couple of mates are into Scooters ( mods) and are always looking for tails for the whips on their scooters.....Really chuffed with this one,my first daytime called in fox, and it's the first kill with my reloads... :)

DSC_0590_zps737a0108.jpg

This ( below) and the free range chickens are why the fox was in such good condition....I really need to get on top of those rabbits... :)

DSC_0583_zpsccba9896.jpg

DSC_0584_zpsdfde1e46.jpg

Thanks chaps, Yep, WelshMike, its a 1996 CZ 527, bought from a smashing chap on here. I drove down to Stafford to look at it, and bought it...I love it..it's actually my second .222, I bought one from Les M on here a few years ago, and stupidly sold it to another smashing guy on here, to move onto a 243, WHICH I found out I didnt need to do, as i could have held both....:)

As for foxing in daylight, and especially in the snow, I love it, and as already said, its like shooting in HD...that fox stood out like a standy out thing.....:)

Great bits of kit. I had a CZ 527 in .223 for years. Now have a Howa 1500 in .243 which I get on well with but it is a bit on the heavy side for my skinny frame (varmint laminate stainless). Shoots well so happy to put up with a sore shoulder after a 3-4 hour walk.

Keep up the good work.