That's my girl!

Scully

Just had a text from daughter in Wolverhampton to say she has just been offered a place at Wolverhampton Uni' to study Graphic Design, dependant on results of course. I'm chuffed.

I could sense her excitement by the little emoticon (she doesn't use them normally) at the end of the message.

This is the last of five interviews at various Uni's and has been offered places at four of them, and this is the one she wanted to get into. I know, I don't know either.

Said I'd treat her to an Indian this weekend to celebrate. Fair pleased for her.

It only seems five minutes since she needed to hold my hand to cross the road; hope I'm around long enough for her to want to return the favour.

Just had a text from daughter in Wolverhampton to say she has just been offered a place at Wolverhampton Uni' to study Graphic Design, dependant on results of course. I'm chuffed.

I could sense her excitement by the little emoticon (she doesn't use them normally) at the end of the message.

This is the last of five interviews at various Uni's and has been offered places at four of them, and this is the one she wanted to get into. I know, I don't know either.

Said I'd treat her to an Indian this weekend to celebrate. Fair pleased for her.

It only seems five minutes since she needed to hold my hand to cross the road; hope I'm around long enough for her to want to return the favour.

Well done her.. you got any savings?? :lol:

Being a proud parent myself it is always nice to hear of other people kids doing well as there is too much negativity about the younger generation , they have much harder job than I did when I was in my teens back in the 60's . My two have done things I not only never thought of but have managed to survive the trauma. Then again my son with 2 degrees [Law and computer science ] would have no idea how to take the head of a MIni and do a decoke ,something any self respecting 20 year old of my generation could do .

My daughter was nominated for an IRN [ Independent Radio News ] award this year and my head is still swollen .

All the best to your daughter and I hope she succeeds in her chosen career path .

Edited by Gunman

Congratulations Scully, must be a wonderful feeling. I remember my old fella getting uncharacteristically emotional when he dropped me at college. He said how proud he was. I dunno why, i proper messed my A levels up and only just managed to get on an HND. I didnt burst his bubble, instead i took the opportunity to fess up to some damage caused to his gaff whilst they were on holiday the week prior. Had i told him at the time it would have been a dry slap for sure.

Being a proud parent myself it is always nice to hear of other people kids doing well as there is too much negativity about the younger generation , they have much harder job than I did when I was in my teens back in the 60's . My two have done things I not only never thought of but have managed to survive the trauma. Then again my son with 2 degrees [Law and computer science ] would have no idea how to take the head of a MIni and do a decoke ,something any self respecting 20 year old of my generation could do .

My daughter was nominated for an IRN [ Independent Radio News ] award this year and my head is still swollen .

All the best to your daughter and I hope she succeeds in her chosen career path .

Very nice post Gunman; much appreciated. You have every right to have a swollen head.

I agree, I think much more is expected of todays youth than it was in my day. Thanks again.

Congratulations Scully, must be a wonderful feeling. I remember my old fella getting uncharacteristically emotional when he dropped me at college. He said how proud he was. I dunno why, i proper messed my A levels up and only just managed to get on an HND. I didnt burst his bubble, instead i took the opportunity to fess up to some damage caused to his gaff whilst they were on holiday the week prior. Had i told him at the time it would have been a dry slap for sure.

Cheers ack-ack. I think every parent wants their kids to do well, as did yours, and justifiably proud to boot.

I think I let my parents down so many times they became indifferent to what I did so long as I was working; I was so far off the rails at one point I was in the middle of the field.

Anyhow, that's by the by. I have done my best to ensure mine don't ignore the opportunities I allowed to pass me by, and so far, they're doing ok. I am envious and proud.

Thankyou.

As a parent and teacher I find it fantastic when parents are so proud of their kids' achievements. She has done really well and I wish her all the best for the future. Financially it can be tough but be thankful she didn't pick one of the London universities!

Well done... Although I don't know what she did to deserve Wolverhampton!

:) It didn't figure high on my list either. She liked the Uni' best out of all those she applied to after visiting all her choices last year. I would have preferred Chester or John Moores in Liverpool, but never having been to Wolverhampton I can't really comment. It's her choice and she's excited about it, so as long as she's happy I am too.

Thanks for all the kind words folks.

Well done to your daughter and to you who i have no doubt have helped and encouraged her on the long haul.

I understand how proud you are and rightly so.

My daughter did well at uni and is working in London in Marine insurance which involves more exams 3 out of 7 so far.

To say i'm proud is an understatement.

But she still hasn't mastered the very difficult task of picking her bloody clothes up off the floor.

Congratulations to Miss Scully and her proud father. Being happy with her choice of uni makes her more likely to succeed too, even if it just for the social element it makes a huge difference.

Very best of luck to her in her endeavours and to you too in funding said endeavours :)