Any heating engineers on here

FOXHUNTER1

Need a new combi boiler .

Any suggestions as to the most reliable ....as this is my third boiler.

I was thinking Worcester this time. My last one was Vaillant but I believe they have merged with another company and not as reliable as they once were.

Any suggestions .....would rather pay more for a really reliable boiler.

Thanks

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking Worcester this time. My last one was Vaillant but I believe they have merged with another company and not as reliable as they once were.

Any suggestions .....would rather pay more for a really reliable boiler.

Thanks

What do you do with them?

Ours is 30 years old and still chugging along.

The new ideal vogue is the by far the best combi on the market at the mo, stainless heat exchanger and 7 year warranty.

Had few probs with Worcester warranty over the last couple of years, that old water quality excuse.

Any suggestions .....would rather pay more for a really reliable boiler

Nothing wrong with either Worcester,Vaillant or many other brands unfortunatley if its not installed and commisioned properly no modern condensing combi boiler will last that long.Broag Remeha Avanta are really good, IMHO but i do install systems for a living, i'm sure the gifted amateurs will have an opinion too. whatever is installed pay for a proper power flush not a chemical only flush, and pay for a filter adding magnatec fernox or sentinel they are a much of a muchness

I think the Ideal Vouge has now a 10 year warranty we only fit Ideal combi's now

beware the ides of isar lol

No boiler is infallible over the years have fitted nearly every. We will never personally guarantee it will never break down. I'd personal go for an ideal with a long warranty.

As Winston said get it flushed properly and have a cleaner put on the system. But make sure it's cleaned every year.

???.

We've only got 60 years experience in the heating industry between us in our firm so scrap my recommendation op.

never said you were a gifted amateur,never dismissed worcester, but wow a whole 60 years of expierience in a company?? doesnt that equate to 3 blokes at 36? or variations there of, thats not a huge ammount to be fair, working on that premise we have over 1400 years of experience, still only an opinion

never said you were a gifted amateur,never dismissed worcester, but wow a whole 60 years of expierience in a company?? doesnt that equate to 3 blokes at 36? or variations there of, thats not a huge ammount to be fair, working on that premise we have over 1400 years of experience, still only an opinion

No it equates to two people, a father and son team who have had a heating business for over 40 years.

You know Winston you always come across as a smart a'%3 in these posts where everybody else knows nothing and you are the "king of all things heating and plumbing"!!

Amateurs arnt allowed to post replys based on there experience and "experts" or people with experience you still pick faults with like on other threads you replied on.

I bow down to your superiority, in my opinion of course. ;-)

but

but wow a whole 60 years of expierience in a company?? doesnt that equate to 3 blokes at 36? or variations there of, thats not a huge ammount to be fair, working on that premise we have over 1400 years of experience, still only an opinion

Wow - that might be 1400 employees with one year's experience each.

Winston72 - take a step back. You might know your heating, but your posts are not faultless. Just stick to giving constructive advice, without putting down others. I expect you will feel the need to reply, but don't waste your time. It will only make you look worse.

but

Wow - that might be 1400 employees with one year's experience each.

Winston72 - take a step back. You might know your heating, but your posts are not faultless. Just stick to giving constructive advice, without putting down others. I expect you will feel the need to reply, but don't waste your time. It will only make you look worse.

Gordon back off yourself,my posts maybe not be faultless but show me one heating related one that is, and i did put IMHO if ya dont like it ,jog on,

and is it really likely 1400 employees with one years experience? no its not is it, so its ok to comment on my comments but not for me to on other peoples?? grow up.

Edited by Winston72

Its your attitude Winston, you do come across as a "know it all" and your posts always show this.

Its like the amateur comments that you always put on these types of posts.?

Some of these "amateurs" might not have a gas safe reg but have a couple of hundred rental properties ,so they can give input on boilers as an example.

I thought you weren't giving any more advice out after the last time when you threw your toys out the pram because a few "amateurs" were trying to help a fellow pw'er?.

Its your attitude Winston, you do come across as a "know it all" and your posts always show this.

Its like the amateur comments that you always put on these types of posts.?

Some of these "amateurs" might not have a gas safe reg but have a couple of hundred rental properties ,so they can give input on boilers as an example.

I thought you weren't giving any more advice out after the last time when you threw your toys out the pram because a few "amateurs" were trying to help a fellow pw'er?.

so having a couple of hundred properties means you could have knowledge about boilers??? shame the law says landlords cant fit them, Id give thinking a miss matey its not your strong point.

Winston - based on your flawed logic, only professional shooters could ever comment on a shooting matter. People have an opinion other than yours.

As for growing up - I really despair that you ever will do.

were talking GAS not shooting its not logic based its experienced based oh that and im QUALIFIED as the law requires to work on boilers for other people, no tigs back :lol:

Winston - before you get into full flow about Del T's thinking, you might pay attention to your own posts. You might or might not be an expert on heating, but your written work is truly awful.

Bit since I have seen such poor grammar and spelling. If you think that is a cheap shot - look back at your posts - now they are cheap shots.

Winston - before you get into full flow about Del T's thinking, you might pay attention to your own posts. You might or might not be an expert on heating, but your written work is truly awful.

Bit since I have seen such poor grammar and spelling. If you think that is a cheap shot - look back at your posts - now they are cheap shots.

I agree my grammar and spelling is terrible but my heating knowledge is pretty dam good, tell me Gordon are you and your friend only bookable as a double act or do you do solo?

so having a couple of hundred properties means you could have knowledge about boilers??? shame the law says landlords cant fit them, Id give thinking a miss matey its not your strong point.

were talking GAS not shooting its not logic based its experienced based oh that and im QUALIFIED as the law requires to work on boilers for other people, no tigs back :lol:

As much as I would like to I simply don't have the time to begin the tearing apart of this that it deserves!

To the OP, personally I would go Glow-worm, Vaillant, or WB - for the aftersales if nothing else.

As much as I would like to I simply don't have the time to begin the tearing apart of this that it deserves!

To the OP, personally I would go Glow-worm, Vaillant, or WB - for the aftersales if nothing else.

please feel free to educate me with your lifetime of expierience either publically or by PM, i cant imagine it taking too long.

please feel free to educate me with your lifetime of expierience either publically or by PM, i cant imagine it taking too long.

Happy to oblige:-

Please feel free to educate me, with your lifetime of experience, either publically or by PM. I can't imagine it taking too long.