Any heating engineers on here

FOXHUNTER1

well maybe that's where me and them differ,I would hate to see anyone given wrong advice by un-gifted amateurs, and I quote" a bit of a gap under your door" is acceptable for catalytic fires,this could cost peoples lives,and much more random **** spouted about "whats ok for gas" its all great until someone dies

I think it's all subjective, I don't think you will see much dangerous advice when it comes to shooting or gas on this forum - yes the occasional uninformed comment or newbie question but it's how these are dealt with that create the atmosphere we have all come to expect from the forum.

When a new shooter joins and asks what seems a very basic question people react to help not condescend; I don't see why that shouldn't apply to any question on the forum.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entertaining as this thread has been, if the OP wants (yet) another opinion I can ask my brother if you like. He's a Corgi reg'd heating engineer and he runs a plumbing business fitting these things on a daily basis.

He's having a knee operation tomorrow but I'm sure he won't mind me asking.

If you have enough info then leave it, but if you want me to ask him then PM me :good:

. Has he got 1400 years experience? If he hasn't i'd suggest he comes back with at least a millennium under his belt, not many engineers are any good on the mid medieval appliances.

I think it's all subjective, I don't think you will see much dangerous advice when it comes to shooting or gas on this forum - yes the occasional uninformed comment or newbie question but it's how these are dealt with that create the atmosphere we have all come to expect from the forum.

When a new shooter joins and asks what seems a very basic question people react to help not condescend; I don't see why that shouldn't apply to any question on the forum.

:good:

well your wrong there are quite a few bits of dangerous advice regarding gas, and its something i feel strongly about.

maybe you should employ me Luke, i could make you a lot of money, with a decent van stock there's not many boilers i cant fix in an hour, or of course quote an exorbitant ammount to replace because parts are obsolete,beyond economical repair etc etc whatever lie is preferred to extract money, a 9 hour dayyour a slave driver i require time and a half after 7.5

You may be right but you don't find many gas guys not working 9-18 as a minimum.

well your wrong there are quite a few bits of dangerous advice regarding gas, and its something i feel strongly about.

Maybe there has been, I can't read every thread but I'm pretty sure there's no dangerous advise when it comes to choosing a boiler brand. As for those willing to undertake gas work without the full knowledge; may natural selection play its role.

Apologies. My original post should have said "in London"

Given their day rate they should be working 24 hours!

i would imagine somewhere in the region of 22-36 is paid depending on their expierience,or maybe they get paid better down south lol

I have been working with gas for over 32 years, a fully vented system is highly recommended especially if your name is Dave

Where's Dave?

i would imagine somewhere in the region of 22-36 is paid depending on their expierience,or maybe they get paid better down south lol

Where's Dave?

I assume that's hourly?

My guys wouldn't get out of bed for £35/hr - trust me when I say that I more than anyone wishes they would

Edited by LondonLuke

I really don't like commenting on threads when they become like this, but can we at least say that Luke has obviously but some very good points forward, and that Winston now seems to be going round in circles trying to counter argue.

I have personally found this forum very welcoming, and one of the best points is that no matter how 'qualified' people are at certain things, the vast majority seem open to sensible suggestions from anyone. I think they realize that people may have an appropriate solution, even if they don't have the badge to prove it.

So maybe we can leave it at that?

Just my thoughts on the matter...

Where's Dave?

Mr Winston, given your stated sexual preferences i must urge that you avoid Dave at all costs. He emits what can only be described as the fugg of creeping death with the gusto of the opening barrage of the the Somme.

I really cannot understand what is dangerous in anyone recommending a boiler if they are experienced in fitting / repairing one or not .

People recommend or do not baised on what they have experience with has it been reliable or not etc .

Now I could understand where if say someone such as myself who knows bog all about fitting / commisioning boilers starts telling someone how they should go about it .

Have I missed something ?

Surely its no different to recommending a car ?

I really cannot understand what is dangerous in anyone recommending a boiler if they are experienced in fitting / repairing one or not .

People recommend or do not baised on what they have experience with has it been reliable or not etc .

Now I could understand where if say someone such as myself who knows bog all about fitting / commisioning boilers starts telling someone how they should go about it .

Have I missed something ?

Surely its no different to recommending a car ?

It's possible you have just summarised quite of a lot of what has become a five page argument in one post.

Thank you - and apologies to all those reading this where I appreciate I may have looked an ***e at times

Edited by LondonLuke