.410 2n'arf".

Underdog

Got some crows to bust!

Do I take a front stuffer?

Do I take a sxs?

Do I take a rifle?

No I will take a mans gun, my little Webley 410!

Actually I made a hide under a sitty tree and blasted them as they landed.

16 shots for 14 birds.

Good old holly bushes.

Nice and quiet, no recoil, ahhhr bliss :)

DSCN1157_zpsga609vm4.jpg

So where have all the .410 pictures gone? Have all the .410's been scrapped :no:

U.

Wonderful piece of kit the W&S bolt action ... l love using mine, though not so "nice and quiet" with Lyalvale 14g cartridges .. nice but not so quiet as the furlongs. I use both types .. being 2.5" chamber, not quite the options the 3" chamber guns have. In truth l get more satisfaction taking crows etc with the Webley than any other shotgun .. that and a pcp air rifle ...

Wonderful piece of kit the W&S bolt action ... l love using mine, though not so "nice and quiet" with Lyalvale 14g cartridges .. nice but not so quiet as the furlongs. I use both types .. being 2.5" chamber, not quite the options the 3" chamber guns have. In truth l get more satisfaction taking crows etc with the Webley than any other shotgun .. that and a pcp air rifle ...

I had a few lyalvale 14g with me today!

It is a lot quieter than a muzzleloader I mean ;-)

Do you notice a difference ability wise between the 14g Lyalvale and the Eley Furlong 12.5g catridges UD ? ...

I've a hankering for a 28 bore sbs !!

Not used furlongs for years !

The fiocchi 11 were just as good at what I was doing today! The lyalvale 14g felt like my old 1/2oz reloads. A little more recoil.

Here's my lil .410 great gun from Huglu quite surprised on its range with 3 inch magnums.

My friends bought one the same he's persisting with it taking some great shots over decoys

Beauty is the sound is quite suppressed in a field.

Can't believe what value for money the huglu are nice woodwork and blueing.

Cartridges are expensive but I can get 250 in one std cartridge bag and it's still light ideal for a long walk roosting or decoying over fields !

post-20134-0-62011300-1428316860_thumb.jpg

Good work as always and a nice picture underdog!410 is my favourite!!i have a few and its always a tough decision wich one to take out.got a ww2 no4 lee enfield,a ww2 czech/nazi mauser and my favourite pre ww1 g98 mauser which only goes out in nice weather.I had a webley same as yours,good solid guns.

Edited by deadeye18

its a webley and scott.(uk) ive had it stashed away for years,rarely use it nowadays, it does lose a bit of perfomance, probably due to expansion of the gases into the 12g barrel, spread pattern is a bit large too, still, great for treetop maggie or rook dispatching though, so yes, its a 12g to .410 adapter, simply replaces the 12g cartridge in your breech,(not recomended for use with ejectors though) and insert a .410 cart into it, its proofed to 5 tons per sq inch and can cater for 3" mags. dunno if you can still buy them new or not though, as i said, ive had mine for about 30 yrs. just for interest, heres the proof markings (if you can see them clear enuff).

post-68552-0-69389700-1428446041_thumb.jpg

nice picture Underdog :good:

i love the .410 a really nice calibre. i have an old investarm over/under it doesnt get much use but when it does i really enjoy it... i really should an effort into taking it out more often

Well ive learned something new today, cheers clayboster.im suprised theres not more of these knocking about i bet theyre really handy.

Well ive learned something new today, cheers clayboster.im suprised theres not more of these knocking about i bet theyre really handy.

I believe Briley still make tube sets in 410, 28 an 20 bore for the 12 gauge?

Should imagine there's loads out there somewhere when 'All Gauge' competitions were popular.

its a webley and scott.(uk) ive had it stashed away for years,rarely use it nowadays, it does lose a bit of perfomance, probably due to expansion of the gases into the 12g barrel, spread pattern is a bit large too, still, great for treetop maggie or rook dispatching though, so yes, its a 12g to .410 adapter, simply replaces the 12g cartridge in your breech,(not recomended for use with ejectors though) and insert a .410 cart into it, its proofed to 5 tons per sq inch and can cater for 3" mags. dunno if you can still buy them new or not though, as i said, ive had mine for about 30 yrs. just for interest, heres the proof markings (if you can see them clear enuff).

So rather than stuff a 12 g cartridge in you stuff in a liner,fumble for a 410 cartridge and let loose half the load you could have shot earlier....or am i missing something??