Election forecast result

chrisjh

It is a democracy so vote as you see fit but I can't help wincing when I read that. It's not really aimed at you as there have been many posts along the same lines, but I ask myself, have they really failed multiple times?

If you look at the bigger picture and take into consideration world events and our history, do you not think that we have actually done pretty well over the last 20 or so years? Yes, there are problems, people are worried about immigration, Europe and the economy and the government cannot get things right 100% of the time but surely the big problems are more than any one government could have controlled. We are doing much better than most other European countries, we have a stable prosperous country that has influence globally, much more than it should, and we are among the global leaders in education, technology, science, engineering etc. In short, Britain ain't a bad place to live, and it doesn't look like we are heading down the toilet to me.

We have much more to loose than we have to gain.

It very quickly will be if Lieboor backed by the SNP take power - we will end up like Greece if they get their way

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It very quickly will be if Lieboor backed by the SNP take power - we will end up like Greece if they get their way

It won't, we need to keep a sense of balance. The middle will be squeezed a bit harder and businesses will whine and cry along with the city, but there won't be a large scale reversal of where we are.

It won't, we need to keep a sense of balance. The middle will be squeezed a bit harder and businesses will whine and cry along with the city, but there won't be a large scale reversal of where we are.

You hope - I disagree since most of the leaders are the same ones that *****ed it up last time and are promising more of the same. However I don't intend to argue further as many supporters of this shower are in it for what they can get so are a lost case.

It is a democracy so vote as you see fit but I can't help wincing when I read that. It's not really aimed at you as there have been many posts along the same lines, but I ask myself, have they really failed multiple times?

If you look at the bigger picture and take into consideration world events and our history, do you not think that we have actually done pretty well over the last 20 or so years? Yes, there are problems, people are worried about immigration, Europe and the economy and the government cannot get things right 100% of the time but surely the big problems are more than any one government could have controlled. We are doing much better than most other European countries, we have a stable prosperous country that has influence globally, much more than it should, and we are among the global leaders in education, technology, science, engineering etc. In short, Britain ain't a bad place to live, and it doesn't look like we are heading down the toilet to me.

We have much more to loose than we have to gain.

but all that leaves us to moan about is the weather !

Just as well. Where would we go and who would have us?

I think there may be a few different choices for the PW collective :)

There is very few places in the world I would rather be, but if pushed then it would be BC in Canada, but not for the politics or economics :)

I genuinely think Great Britain is great, sure there are many things that could be improved, but on balance I am a huge fan of GB.

There is very few places in the world I would rather be, but if pushed then it would be BC in Canada, but not for the politics or economics :)

I genuinely think Great Britain is great, sure there are many things that could be improved, but on balance I am a huge fan of GB.

Me too. I have lived and worked in The Netherlands, India, Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan. I keep coming back.

Have relatives in BC Canada but have never been. I like GB too. Can't think of anywhere I'd rather be.

If you ever have the opportunity to get out there Scully then go. It is a fabulous place for people that love the outdoors.

So I believe. The son of a cousin has been out there three or four years now and married a local lass. He says where he lives everyone has a truck (4x4) a boat and at least one dog and several guns. He said it would be right up my street.

Nephew has just returned from NZ. He said he was fishing in 32 degrees last Boxing Day, and his boss took him out shooting ducks and goats on a few occasions. He told me many of the locals work their ***** off for a month or so and then take a week off to go hunting.Sounds ideal.

A good way to think about it would be to imagine Cumbria scaled up with proper 4 season weather, some really awesome wildlife and a lot more liberal when it comes to hunting, shooting and fishing. Add in some really nice people' a very relaxed attitude and it is a great mix.

A proper boys own type place.

I live in Cumbria. The only dangerous predators we have are those ****heads hanging around the pubs at closing time, but unfortunately AOLQ doesn't cover them.

Had to edit that myself! There's one the mod's haven't thought of. :ninja:

Edited by Scully

I was watching the dreadful events on the TV from Nepal when the door bell rang....

It was the local UKIP candidate and a couple of her oppos canvassing for votes...

Her; "Hello Im.........local UKIP candidate....our policies are immigration blah blah blah...... illegal immigrants....blah blah blah...Europe...blah blah blah....."

Me; "Sorry let me stop you there ...just step in side a second and have a look at these pictures....you want a cessation to foreign aid do you not"....

Her; "well er yes...er no... er well...er blah blah blah...."

Me; "If I were you I would get down the job centre and start looking for a proper job."

:lol::lol: Think outside the box... I live in the Cotswolds. Its a pretty big area. We have more than one constituency. I believe her name was Caroline Stephens

Interesting, but always good to get the other side of the story...

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gifclear.gif
Canvassing in Stroud Constituency
Caroline Stephens (carolinestephens52@gmail.com)
19:01
clear.gif
To:.................
Caroline Stephens UKIP Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Stroud
0.jpg
Caroline Stephens, 49, a mother of two from North Wiltshire, has a teaching and financial background helping young people manage their money. She has also been a volunteer worker for the Citizen's…
00:10:23
Added on 22/03/2015
youtube_logo.png
Dear Mr Poontang
Thank you for your email. I can confirm that I very rarely enter somebody's household - one to one. I can confirm that I have never had a conversation with somebody about Nepal or being advised to attend a job centre!!
Please feel free to watch my recent speech at the UKIP South west Conference at the foot of this email. The opposition must be very scared and Stroud is a winnable UKIP seat!
Best wishes
Caroline Stephens
UKIP Parliamentary Candidate, Stroud
Chairman, UKIP Stroud Branch
Please feel free to follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CasAnnStephens
Mobile no. 0744 356 1958
Stroud Branch Website
This email has been published and promoted by C. Stephens, 4, Kensington Way, SN14 0UG​
Debut speech at UKIP Conference 7th March, 2015
Please click on the link
Edited by poontang

Interesting, but always good to get the other side of the story...

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=222365c145ec93f6573267cf69f14d71&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=310330&p=2811552&md5check=9aa84d1ca83705d50948e45288f335da&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,FBVRGQp-Tlw'); //]]></script>clear.gif&&0clear.gifclear.gifclear.gif
Canvassing in Stroud Constituency
Caroline Stephens UKIP Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Stroud
0.jpg
Caroline Stephens, 49, a mother of two from North Wiltshire, has a teaching and financial background helping young people manage their money. She has also been a volunteer worker for the Citizen's…
00:10:23
Added on 22/03/2015
youtube_logo.png
Dear Mr Poontang
Thank you for your email. I can confirm that I very rarely enter somebody's household - one to one. I can confirm that I have never had a conversation with somebody about Nepal or being advised to attend a job centre!!
Please feel free to watch my recent speech at the UKIP South west Conference at the foot of this email. The opposition must be very scared and Stroud is a winnable UKIP seat!
Best wishes
Caroline Stephens
UKIP Parliamentary Candidate, Stroud
Chairman, UKIP Stroud Branch
Please feel free to follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CasAnnStephens
Mobile no. 0744 356 1958
Stroud Branch Website
This email has been published and promoted by C. Stephens, 4, Kensington Way, SN14 0UG​
Debut speech at UKIP Conference 7th March, 2015
Please click on the link

Ha ha...good bit of fabrication...cumon you will have to do better than that.....

I did say I Believe it her name was Caroline Stephens...she was certainly handing out leaflets with her name on them..

Please PM me a copy of the email and I will contact the local UKIP office and get to the bottom of it...

My reputation is on the line and I don't tell lies :no:

Ha ha...good bit of fabrication...cumon you will have to do better than that.....

I did say I Believe it her name was Caroline Stephens...she was certainly handing out leaflets with her name on them..

Please PM me a copy of the email and I will contact the local UKIP office and get to the bottom of it...

my money is on the green party candidate :lol: :lol:

KW

I live in Cumbria. The only dangerous predators we have are those ****heads hanging around the pubs at closing time, but unfortunately AOLQ doesn't cover them.

Had to edit that myself! There's one the mod's haven't thought of. :ninja:

I once worked with a couple of guys from Sri Lanka and in general conversation I asked them if they ever went camping in the jungle which got some very quizzical looks.

I thought it was a language thing so explained what camping was to which they replied 'we know what it is, but it would be too dangerous'

My turn for the puzzled look and then they reminded me that they have wild elephants and tigers.

That is a copy of her email to me Mike. Obviously I've edited out my name and email address, otherwise it's exactly as sent and copied and pasted from my inbox.

I have no need to fabricate anything, but the local UKIP office details are shown on the email.