Not getting emails from forum

Steveg01

I follow a forum on PW and have always received emails....all of a sudden, I no longer receive any email notifications about the post in the forum.

I have already checked my email settings and unfollowed then followed the forum again and still nothing?

can a moderator please help

I tried up for signing up to email notifications for a couple of topics and forums last night, and I have to say it is working fine for me (on Gmail).

There was a forum update a couple of weeks ago - could you all just check the settings on this page:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

Should be a tick in the email box for the top two (I'm guessing) and then save at the bottom. Are you getting notifications about PMs coming in to your emails?

The last forum update was 16th May, so I just can't see a reason why there should be a problem at the forum end. Indeed I've run a few tests and the emails are all going out OK. I've also tried signing up for various topic and forum notifications, and they are coming through to me just fine. The email address they are coming from is: no-reply@pigeonwatch.co.uk is it possible to add that to safe senders list. Or does your email provider offer any way to unblock emails.

edit:

I'll change it to a different mail server - to try and get round that will see if that helps...

Edited by Teal

Still a problem for me - I signed up for email notifications to the CENS - in Other Sales thread yesterday, since then there have been 6 replies, the latest Today at 08:58 AM but no notifications received.

Hope this helps :)

OH!! and I've signed up for instant notifications to this topic as well :hmm:

Edited by Brixsmaid

Excellent :good: it looks like the old mailserver was black-listed by some (quite a few!) email providers. Thanks all for the heads-up on the issue and the patience whilst we go this resolved.

I've set-up a new procedure to make it less likely to occur in the future too.

Guest rimotu66

Reading this has made me realise I have not had any emails from PW for a long time, have just checked my settings and all emails are enabled ?

Update, yes I am.

Thank you Teal :good:

Edited by rimotu66