.22 rf shooting in northumberland

I've been saving my pennies up and im due to have my yearly roe buck stalk, the guide has said I can bring up my .22 and have a outing on the bunnies in the evening. I need to bring my rifle already zeroed and im looking for somewhere to carry this out.

Cheers

If you have a .22 you should have somewhere to use it. Can't you zero it there?

I do have access to a permission which I use as my good reason but it's about £60 a round trip, so it's not always financially viable to visit.

Just thought I'd see if anyone local was able to help out with zeroing.

where abouts is your permision,mines about hour and half from newcastle,it costs me about £20 round trip

It's just past Grantham, the brother in law is from there and I get down 2 or 3 times a year.

It's a bit expensive to go regularly but I use it as my good reason then try and get invites local to me.

I've been saving my pennies up and im due to have my yearly roe buck stalk, the guide has said I can bring up my .22 and have a outing on the bunnies in the evening. I need to bring my rifle already zeroed and im looking for somewhere to carry this out.

Cheers

Surely he will allow you 20 minutes at some stage to zero your rifle?

Try ringing the Mayfair Shooting Centre in Sunderland. They have guest days the first Saturday of every month, so this Saturday. As long as you have an FAC i'd have thought you'd be able to do it. (Assuming you're talking about zeroing the .22 rifle).

Isnt mayfair gun club at 25m range or do they have acess to other ranges ?

It is (well, 20m actually) but using a ballistic calculator/known data for the ammo you can extrapolate the correct zero to set at 20m to match 100m, or whatever distance the desired zero is.

There are no 100m private ranges in the North-East, all would be clubs using MOD ranges, in which case you'd need to have a Safe Shooter Card to shoot as a guest. If the OP has one the 3 Counties Sporting Club is shooting at Ponteland on 19th and guests can shoot for a green fee of £10 (or thats how much it was last time i checked). To repeat though, you must have a SSC to use MOD ranges.

There is a private (indoor) club in Bishop Auckland which has a 50m range but i don't have any details in terms of allowing guests/non-members to shoot.

Edited by Breastman

Just about, I had an offer of somewhere but then he got in touch to say he wasn't allowed to take anyone on the land, because I thought I was sorted I turned down 2 offers. I've now had another offer so all looks good.

Thanks for the offers of help.

Thanks mad1, but it's now in hand. I've had quite a few offers of help so a big thanx to everyone who got in touch. Its a pain not having anywhere local to shoot but it's nice to see so many willing to help out a fellow member.

• 3 weeks later...