Another one in possession of illegally held firearms.

Scully

My fac runs out out in 2 weeks with west Mercia, told me there is a 16 week wait for renewals, told me as sent it back in good time for renewal I didn't need a s7 as its there fault and they wouldn't prosecute for me having firearms without a license, after repeating the same question about having them illegally as my license would of expired, they said they would issue a s7 but not until my license had completely expired 😐

Mine was 3 weeks late....my FEO called saying phone interview,your license will be with you tomorrow it came yesterday lol and that was with west Mercia.

Edited by the crowman

Mine runs out in 2 weeks with TV, I sent mine a month before expiry but they are now advising 60 days due to relocation of the department - I guess I'll be giving mine to an RFD!

If you do, make sure you pass on the invoice for storage to the Firearms Dept.

Give them 7 days written notice that you require either valid certificates or a temporary Section 7 permit. (As advice from FELWEG itself suggests that EVERYONE should have a S.7 as long as they submitted their renewal forms in good time)

i phoned mine after reading this post and explained it to them and they openly admitted that they should not ask for your permits untill a week befor they expired and they said mine would be in the next post back to me as i was still goingto be using mine befor they ran out they said it was all due to some person buying anouther rifle with the old permit after they got the renewell the renewell came befor the old one ran out thats what they said

Edited by Rim Fire

Give them 7 days written notice that you require either valid certificates or a temporary Section 7 permit. (As advice from FELWEG itself suggests that EVERYONE should have a S.7 as long as they submitted their renewal forms in good time)

Spot on! and remember no matter what the FEO supposedly says about an officer being able to find out? If you drop on an unenlightened one he can take your guns no question.

i phoned mine after reading this post and explained it to them and they openly admitted that they should not ask for your permits untill a week befor they expired and they said mine would be in the next post back to me as i was still goingto be using mine befor they ran out they said it was all due to some person buying anouther rifle with the old permit after they got the renewell the renewell came befor the old one ran out thats what they said

So thats clear then. :)

I will be doing just that. I can understand 60 days for a grant, but that amount of time for a renewal is crazy. No way should the price have increased if they can't provide a decent service!

The problem is a months notice isn't considered 'in good time'. IIRC the note on the FELWG was a minimum of 6 weeks, or it could've even been 8.

just got off the phone to them, as my sec 1 was not on the temp cert they sent me yesterday, we don't have you down as owning one they say ??????????????? as I start giving them the gun details, they read off the serial number themselves ???? so you have got the details I say, oh yeah they reply, we added that gun to your shotgun cert details by mistake ?????????????????

they really need to sort themselves out

just got off the phone to them, as my sec 1 was not on the temp cert they sent me yesterday, we don't have you down as owning one they say ???? ???? ???? ??? as I start giving them the gun details, they read off the serial number themselves ???? so you have got the details I say, oh yeah they reply, we added that gun to your shotgun cert details by mistake ???? ???? ???? ?????

they really need to sort themselves out

What has your shooting organisation got to say about the matter?

After phoning them my old ones have just come back in the post so back legal

• can you imagine if taxing your car was done in the same way as gun licensing in this country especially with regards to renewals

imagine the chief of police having a lovely expensive motor sitting on their drive and not being able to use it for six months whilst the paperwork is done to renew their tax. imagine their response if they was sent a temporary form saying that its fine to own the car but you cannot buy petrol for it (like temp licences which prevent the buying of ammo) for six months.

would a system like this be allowed to exist???

of course not

Edited by belly47