Warning to parents of young kids.

team tractor

I was told by my ex yesterday that she has had to take her little one into hospital after she found the iPhone charger on the floor and put it in her mouth. It was plugged in doh .

6 hours later she was released from hospital with the all clear.

It's easily done so thought I'd warn any parents .

We never turn ours off until now but leave them on the worktop

Apart from the risk to health, How about saving some energy.

I use a thermal camera for my work and it amazes me how hot these things become, even when not in use. I know it will be only a few pence, but every little helps!!

If you count up how many phones, ipads, kindles, xbox, ds's computers and televisions some households have it can mount up.

All I know is she was rushed in. She was put on a monitor for that long checking her heart and it showed she had been electrocuted on the tests

Pleased that she is ok now. I think people don't appreciate the damage that can be done, there are several cases of very severe damage caused by kids swallowing button cell batteries, although very low in voltage and current they can completely burn out the soft pallete if they get stuck.

Pleased that she is ok now. I think people don't appreciate the damage that can be done, there are several cases of very severe damage caused by kids swallowing button cell batteries, although very low in voltage and current they can completely burn out the soft pallete if they get stuck.

The One Show did a piece on button cells being swallowed by children and it was very common and serious damage caused,think that's why there's stickers on a lot of them now when new probably to give some protection if swallowed. As for the 9v pp3 batteries --- oh yes done that too!!!??!