Dont you hate it when you have house guests...!?

naddan28

My nan is coming over from Ireland to stay (on here way in the car as we speak!) and as much as I am looking forward to seeing her (she has just got over cancer, thankfully) I do get a little bit annoyed/stressed with the whole house guests situation. As ever, in true house guest style they come at the worst time, I am TRYING to revise (never really been able to before but this year's exams are difficult) for my 2nd year uni exams. Also, my nan has taken a particular shining to my room so as normal I am moving out for the ten days.

I have just spent the last 3 days running around like a man on fire. Tidying my room, filing my work, relocating to another room and shouting at my younger brother (trying to get his rear into gear!) and its just all that effort for 10 days, when really without being disrepectful i have lot more important things to be doing!

Thanks guys, rant over...... :rolleyes:

My nan is coming over from Ireland to stay (on here way in the car as we speak!) and as much as I am looking forward to seeing her (she has just got over cancer, thankfully) I do get a little bit annoyed/stressed with the whole house guests situation. As ever, in true house guest style they come at the worst time, I am TRYING to revise (never really been able to before but this year's exams are difficult) for my 2nd year uni exams. Also, my nan has taken a particular shining to my room so as normal I am moving out for the ten days.

I have just spent the last 3 days running around like a man on fire. Tidying my room, filing my work, relocating to another room and shouting at my younger brother (trying to get his rear into gear!) and its just all that effort for 10 days, when really without being disrepectful i have lot more important things to be doing!

Thanks guys, rant over...... :good:

Whats 10 days in the grand scheme of things, as Cranners said enjoy your nan while you can, she has probably been looking forward to seeing you and would be very upset if she knew how you felt, I think your a nasty person :lol: begrudging a poor old lady of a little comfort at her time of life.

Be nice to her :)

:good: D2D

I am being nice, its just the intial hassle of houseguests in general! I reckon Darebare and Mrs Sweepy might say more on this as the women get more stressed than anyone on this.

I am sure you guys like me, need a good rant every once in a while! :good:

10 days is nothing :good:

When I first came to London about 7 years ago I was renting a place, the upstairs flat of a house conversion in North London. I was sharing at the time until I got settled into the new job, as you do.

Within weeks the South African lad I was sharing with said his folks were coming to stay for a few days. In the lounge, which was out of use from about 7pm (when I got home). No problem I thought, only a few days.

Cutting a long story short after a huge very ugly row they left after 5 weeks :good:

It will be over before you know it, and like has been said, enjoy her company while you still have it..

I am enjoying the company, its just we aren't all that close for various reasons really. She has never been a proper "nan" like most would imagine, so it makes things harder. Don't get me wrong I am glad she is here and am making the effort but to be honest the thing that probably bugs me the most about her stay is not actually the inconvience its the fact her other 2 children (my aunt & uncle) don't give a flying **** about her presence or offer her a room (even though they have 1 or more spare each) and just come around mine when/if they can be bothered to see her then leave her again.

I am being nice, its just the intial hassle of houseguests in general! I reckon Darebare and Mrs Sweepy might say more on this as the women get more stressed than anyone on this.

I am sure you guys like me, need a good rant every once in a while! :lol:

I wus only joshing you :good::lol::)

:good: D2D

Naddan I think there is more to this than just giving up your room, other family not helping etc etc. Try to concentrate on having a good time with your nan when you have the time, do your revision, perhaps you didn't do the work throughout the year and now feel a bit of pressure, was a student know how it goes! :good:

Remember grannies are the best and Irish grannies are tops :good: As the guys are saying enjoy your time with your nan while you still have her and stop asking the girls on here to get on your side :lol:

now come on dont be so hard on him .hes just being honest . we all had a grumble when we had a elderly relation come visting. or having to vist one .dont mean you love them any less. it hard for some elderly people for years they the main part of the family unit . then all of they sudden they are on the outside looking in .we are all a little bit guilty of treating them like that i no i am .and i dare say the same thing will happen to us as we get old . but like the guys said and i know you will .spend a little bit of time with her when you can .it will be somthing you will always remember .when my nan was drying from cancer she want to be at home .so i used to pop in and see her for a few mins a day .in those last few weeks of her live i leant more about her as a person .what she wanted from live when she was young all about her and my granddad when they were young. and what she hope for me . it was like she had to tell someone before she could finally let go .and in her words let my grandad come and get her .so like they say enjoy your time with her . but dont feel bad cause you feel that way .your not the only one. xxx suzy

I am sure you guys like me, need a good rant every once in a while! :D

You have got it soooo wrong :lol::):lol:

Women actually ENJOY being stressed. It's all part of the hormonal thingy.

When the skin and feathers start to fly just try to help in a helpless, male sort of way. After a short while you will be asked to go shooting, or fishing, or nip to the supermarket from which you can go to the pub for refreshment.

A little tip - lift your legs off the floor whilst they are hoovering, otherwise they can get stressed :good::good:

Don

Enjoy you nan's company while you still have her. :)

Aye, you'll miss her when she's gone.

Lost my grandma and grandad in the last couple of years, not a day when I don't think of them and regret I didn't see more of them when I had the chance.

You have got it soooo wrong :lol::lol: :(

When the skin and feathers start to fly just try to help in a helpless, male sort of way. After a short while you will be asked to go shooting, or fishing, or nip to the supermarket from which you can go to the pub for refreshment.

A little tip - lift your legs off the floor whilst they are hoovering, otherwise they can get stressed :):lol:

Don

Thanks for that Don, what would the young ones like me, flash, james and beating do without you wise men to pass down your wisedom. Haps, you lot should start a seperate thread/forum on essential info on females/life us young ones have missed out on. I have already mastered the money trick, i.e. I show the overdrawn or near the limit student account when we go to the bank (so no swanky dinner for 2 this week :lol:) just forget to mention I have two savings accounts which hold my student loans :lol:

You have got it soooo wrong :lol::lol: :(

A little tip - lift your legs off the floor whilst they are hoovering, otherwise they can get stressed :):lol:

Don

Thanks for that Don, what would the young ones like me, flash, james and beating do without you wise men to pass down your wisedom. Haps, you lot should start a seperate thread/forum on essential info on females/life us young ones have missed out on. I have already mastered the money trick, i.e. I show the overdrawn or near the limit student account when we go to the bank (so no swanky dinner for 2 this week :lol:) just forget to mention I have two savings accounts which hold my student loans :lol:

blah blah blah.

stuff getting stressed. book 'em into a hotel :lol: